Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Complete newbie question - how to heat the awning?

Plugging in on the site... is it as simple as just plugging it into electric hook up then into van?

Plugging in on the site... is it as simple as just plugging it into electric hook up then into van?
Same as caravans etc. but just check that trip switch inside is on. In the Ocean it's above the gaz bottle storage. The overhead central display shows a two pin plug bottom right when mains connected and working.

Me again :Iamsorry should the radio stay on now we're on hook up - and also the lights over the drivers and passenger seats.... ?

Me again :Iamsorry should the radio stay on now we're on hook up - and also the lights over the drivers and passenger seats.... ?
No. Both are on a Time Delay and run off the Engine Starter Battery. The Starter Battery is only trickle charged so can be flattened by repeated use of the radio, as some have found out. I also switch the cab lights Off when camping otherwise they come on every time a door is opened. Many use an alternative portable sound system when camping.

Plus one to the above.

I have a marvellous B&O Beoplay A2 which I stream music and radio to from my iPhone. Its battery is amazing and can last for a whole week.

Great thank you so much - you are literally taking me through step by step of this first adventure. Next question, this is a dimplex oil free heater, 700w, is it safe where it is? And okay all night?

IMG_3881.JPG

Last edited:
Great thank you so much - you are literally taking me through step by step of this first adventure. Next question, this is a dimplex oil free heater, 700w, is it safe where it is? And okay all night?

View attachment 20096

I would say so, that's where we place our fan heater if needed. It's normally between the seats and facing slightly towards the sliding door.

..message ends..