Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Confirmed COVID 19 members

I self isolated after developing a fever and muscle aches. This developed into all the usual flu symptoms and I slept for most of two days. No energy for a further 3 days. No cough. I had episodes of total body shakes like never before too..nothing like previous fever chills.
I also had the worst swollen and sore throat in my entire life !!!As if boiling water had been poured down my throat. Was supposed to get tested but they’d run out of PPE!!
Thankfully it resolved itself after 8 days...am very keen to get the new antibody test when it becomes available to the general public.

It’s really helpful to hear about how people are being affected .... if indeed it is Covid19 and not some other Flu virus. Why are we not capable of ‘over the counter’ test kit yet and we aren’t hearing any stats on ‘asymptomatic’ numbers in places like South Korea who are doing the most testing. Surely that would inform govt on possible % carriers !
Assume everyone is a carrier and make allowances - that will ensure you stay clear.

My MP assures me that a self antibody test will be available within days ? - that would be very useful. It will cost a few ££s apparently, but wont be worried about that.

I also think I’ve had it but no way of telling for sure.

I normally get a bad cough with any illness, but about 20 days ago I started feeling a bit sniffly and wheezy. No fever or cough, the latter being very unusual. By about day 7 I was feeling worse so decided to work from home. Day 8 and 9 I had real trouble breathing, felt like someone was sat on my breastbone, but it would come and go throughout the day. Afternoon of day 9 I could hardly make it up stairs and was beginning to panic as I was home by myself and felt like I was heading downhill fast.

Day 10 I woke up feeling slightly better but still breathing issues, which then improved again on day 11. Day 12 I had a relapse on the breathing and began to panic - I think because I tried to do some light exercise the night before. Since then I’ve taken it very easy and almost back to normal now

Speaking to my surgeon friend, it’s days 8-10 where things tend to go wrong as people can’t breathe and it can go downhill quickly. So if you have any symptoms, rest up and don’t assume it’s over. Make sure someone checks on you regularly even if it’s just by phone.

Interesting. I've been doing a lot of training the last few months in preparation for a MTB race. I can and do push myself quite hard. Have always done so.

I have however struggled a few times to regain my breath recently when over exerting. I don't at all believe its related, just a sign of getting older. It's an odd, new sensation that is not at all pleasant. Normally comes back under control within 30seconds but by that time my HR is pretty much at tempo.

HiTim, just wondered how you are doing? Hope you are on the mend now. Best wishes Nick

Interesting. I've been doing a lot of training the last few months in preparation for a MTB race. I can and do push myself quite hard. Have always done so.

I have however struggled a few times to regain my breath recently when over exerting. I don't at all believe its related, just a sign of getting older. It's an odd, new sensation that is not at all pleasant. Normally comes back under control within 30seconds but by that time my HR is pretty much at tempo.

That doesn’t sound pleasant. Might be worth feeling your pulse when you feel unwell to see if it feels irregular... Either way I’d say worth a chat with your GP.

I self isolated after developing a fever and muscle aches. This developed into all the usual flu symptoms and I slept for most of two days. No energy for a further 3 days. No cough. I had episodes of total body shakes like never before too..nothing like previous fever chills.
I also had the worst swollen and sore throat in my entire life !!!As if boiling water had been poured down my throat. Was supposed to get tested but they’d run out of PPE!!
Thankfully it resolved itself after 8 days...am very keen to get the new antibody test when it becomes available to the general public.
Given that you're symptoms are about as 'textbook' as can be... I'm not sure an antibody test will be needed. It's really for the others that have had mild symptoms or even none at all... these are the ones that need to be identified.

My friend (a doctor) tells me that they have now been told that the loss of smell and taste is definitely associates with this virus and in particular younger people may just have this symptom. However a 24 year old on my road has very bad symptoms and had to call 999

it’s worth noting that you should not take ibuprofen for this virus. Take paracetamol instead. I researched this information as I thought it was a bit odd but it seems to be true. Maybe why all the paracetamol has gone from the shelves
Keep well e

My new 6.1 was ready to be transported from Germany to Rotterdam to be shipped to Japan, but now it’s not possible :eek: that makes me sick ! sorry guys, I know I’m selfish......

I have read all your symptoms and presumptions this is Covid 19!
Lets be clear, at this time of year there is always flu about. It has been killing about 8 -14 per week IN HOSPITAL, but community deaths not recorded and this is a very minor year. In a bad influenza years such as 2009-10 (47000 excess deaths) 2015 (43000 excess deaths) Excess deaths are the accurate way of assessing infective deats as they show all deaths, community and hospital and you don't need to be tested as the disease is obvious and epidemic/pandemic. These are NOT my figures but the governments Office of National Statistics
see below:
Office for national statistics/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/highestnumberofexcesswinterdeathssince19992000/2015-11-25.

A total of 4,794 hospitalised confirmed influenza admissions (234 influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, 1,473 influenza A(H3N2), 2,782 influenza A(not subtyped), and 305 influenza B) have been reported in England since week 40 2019 via the sentinel scheme.
So far this year just under 100 HOSPITAL and tested deaths this winter. How many community deaths from elderly not admitted and no-one tests for flu unless admitted to hospital?

There are 3 viruses that make up the coryza group (cold) Rhinoviruses 60-80%, Adenoviruses 20-30% and Coronavirus about 10%. They are not NEW viruses they were discovered in 1964 and guess what! that was the year the electron microscope was available for use. They are a very old group. They are RNA type just like foot and mouth and that has a well documented 4 century history.

On the 18th October 2019 a conference, paid for at Bill Gates a great Globalist believer (New World Order/ Global government qv) ran EVENT 201, please look this up on the internet because they ran a scenario of an agressive strain of Corona which caused a world pandemic and a predicted 65 million deaths. Odd that, I would have gone for an influenza group as the last few decades have only seen antigenic drift to the flu bug and not an antigenic change which is well overdue (Spanish flu 1919 up to 600 million worldwide (no antibiotics then for the seconday bacteria which caused the deaths by pneumonia which killed them) Hong Kong flu etc.
Even more surprisingly they chose the least likely cold virus!!! If you look up EVENT 21 you will see we are all following the recommendations like 'sheeple'.
The Diamond Princess was a great virology experiment (the cruise ship held off the Japanes coast in quarantine after a passenger infected the whole ship) Get 3600 people in a confined space and infect them all then test them. Results were 60% had tested positive and never knew thay had had it, 20% had minimal symptoms like a runny nose and sore throat the other 20% had more severe symptoms like flu. 7 Deaths occured but take into account the age and underlying health conditions plus the Japanese only allowed the sick to hospital on shoreside at a very late date and this is unremarkable (cruise ships because of the age of the passengers often experience 2 deaths per trip.
The British Brainwashing Corporation and Fox media etc all run the same propaganda to put fear into sheeple to get them into civil obedience. 7am Radio 4 news yesterday said Trump says 'Americans have to go back to work', immiediately the BBC followed this and said the first doctor had died of Corona (I looked him up on the GMC website as they named him, he was 76 and had no licence to practice ie totally irrelevant as not caught through working). They had a voxpop with a female GP in south London who (VERY VERY breathlessly) said she BELIEVED she had covid 19 from working with patients and was self isolating. If I was breathless at rest and could have problem talking I would be in hospital as at least 60% of my lung function had been lost.

Why, then, all this 'scam' of a world armagedon virus, figures telling you how many people have tested positive (something which does not occur ourside of hospital with flu) Remember the Diamond Princess percentagesand relevance of positivity to disease severity!!
Remember the virus cannot live outside a host for more the 12-16hours, kill the host and it dies. Ideal state, like most viruses, have a carrier state, host well and passing it on. eg Herpes group, Hepatitis HIV etc etc.

The benefactors of a world economy shut down are the CENTRAL BANKS who will lend the money to Governments. 2 trillion$ to the US , UK likely to be many billions etc. We will have a 10 year recession 10% unemployment and have to have increased taxes/NI to pay the central banks. NOW LOOK UP WHO OWNS THE CENTRAL BANKS.
Wake up, how many people do you know that are seriously ill, so infectiou Prince Charles hasn't infected his wife!! and he is battling the disease (fully dressed waving at a window) try that with the flu!!!

I am not a paranoid schizophrenic, conspiracy advocate etc just a retired consultant in the medical profession, no qualification then?
I have worked through many a flu pandemic in 40+ years and this one is a farce

Iam now in day 8 of self isolation i first felt as if I had a hair in my throat on the Wednesday , on the Thursday morning I was coughing if I was a 60 a day lifelong smoker (dry cough). & have never smoked in my life.

Phoned into work to begin isolation, the chest pains began felt like someone was standing on my chest. No fever at all just the chest pains and the cough. cough seems to come and go now on day chest pains are still there. Like everyone else I cannot get tested at all even though iam supposed to be a front line worker.

work are expecting me back after the 14 days, if Iam ready that is. Only thing like everyone else I have not been tested at all and have no idea I really have had the virus or not. Worst thing is with all the pleading to work. My clients are all elderly vulnerable clients with varied health issues.

can totally sympathise with all front line workers not having ppe or limited access to them. I really don’t know what is going to happen in the next week hopefully we will get better and symptoms ease. As for work god knows time for drastic change I think

Without wipespread testing, i fail to see how you can ever ‘control’ the outbreak, your locking down millions without evidence and when you lift restrictions your no nearer identifying the carriers or immune.

I have read all your symptoms and presumptions this is Covid 19!
Lets be clear, at this time of year there is always flu about. It has been killing about 8 -14 per week IN HOSPITAL, but community deaths not recorded and this is a very minor year. In a bad influenza years such as 2009-10 (47000 excess deaths) 2015 (43000 excess deaths) Excess deaths are the accurate way of assessing infective deats as they show all deaths, community and hospital and you don't need to be tested as the disease is obvious and epidemic/pandemic. These are NOT my figures but the governments Office of National Statistics
see below:
Office for national statistics/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/highestnumberofexcesswinterdeathssince19992000/2015-11-25.

A total of 4,794 hospitalised confirmed influenza admissions (234 influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, 1,473 influenza A(H3N2), 2,782 influenza A(not subtyped), and 305 influenza B) have been reported in England since week 40 2019 via the sentinel scheme.
So far this year just under 100 HOSPITAL and tested deaths this winter. How many community deaths from elderly not admitted and no-one tests for flu unless admitted to hospital?

There are 3 viruses that make up the coryza group (cold) Rhinoviruses 60-80%, Adenoviruses 20-30% and Coronavirus about 10%. They are not NEW viruses they were discovered in 1964 and guess what! that was the year the electron microscope was available for use. They are a very old group. They are RNA type just like foot and mouth and that has a well documented 4 century history.

On the 18th October 2019 a conference, paid for at Bill Gates a great Globalist believer (New World Order/ Global government qv) ran EVENT 201, please look this up on the internet because they ran a scenario of an agressive strain of Corona which caused a world pandemic and a predicted 65 million deaths. Odd that, I would have gone for an influenza group as the last few decades have only seen antigenic drift to the flu bug and not an antigenic change which is well overdue (Spanish flu 1919 up to 600 million worldwide (no antibiotics then for the seconday bacteria which caused the deaths by pneumonia which killed them) Hong Kong flu etc.
Even more surprisingly they chose the least likely cold virus!!! If you look up EVENT 21 you will see we are all following the recommendations like 'sheeple'.
The Diamond Princess was a great virology experiment (the cruise ship held off the Japanes coast in quarantine after a passenger infected the whole ship) Get 3600 people in a confined space and infect them all then test them. Results were 60% had tested positive and never knew thay had had it, 20% had minimal symptoms like a runny nose and sore throat the other 20% had more severe symptoms like flu. 7 Deaths occured but take into account the age and underlying health conditions plus the Japanese only allowed the sick to hospital on shoreside at a very late date and this is unremarkable (cruise ships because of the age of the passengers often experience 2 deaths per trip.
The British Brainwashing Corporation and Fox media etc all run the same propaganda to put fear into sheeple to get them into civil obedience. 7am Radio 4 news yesterday said Trump says 'Americans have to go back to work', immiediately the BBC followed this and said the first doctor had died of Corona (I looked him up on the GMC website as they named him, he was 76 and had no licence to practice ie totally irrelevant as not caught through working). They had a voxpop with a female GP in south London who (VERY VERY breathlessly) said she BELIEVED she had covid 19 from working with patients and was self isolating. If I was breathless at rest and could have problem talking I would be in hospital as at least 60% of my lung function had been lost.

Why, then, all this 'scam' of a world armagedon virus, figures telling you how many people have tested positive (something which does not occur ourside of hospital with flu) Remember the Diamond Princess percentagesand relevance of positivity to disease severity!!
Remember the virus cannot live outside a host for more the 12-16hours, kill the host and it dies. Ideal state, like most viruses, have a carrier state, host well and passing it on. eg Herpes group, Hepatitis HIV etc etc.

The benefactors of a world economy shut down are the CENTRAL BANKS who will lend the money to Governments. 2 trillion$ to the US , UK likely to be many billions etc. We will have a 10 year recession 10% unemployment and have to have increased taxes/NI to pay the central banks. NOW LOOK UP WHO OWNS THE CENTRAL BANKS.
Wake up, how many people do you know that are seriously ill, so infectiou Prince Charles hasn't infected his wife!! and he is battling the disease (fully dressed waving at a window) try that with the flu!!!

I am not a paranoid schizophrenic, conspiracy advocate etc just a retired consultant in the medical profession, no qualification then?
I have worked through many a flu pandemic in 40+ years and this one is a farce
Interesting read.

Without wipespread testing, i fail to see how you can ever ‘control’ the outbreak, your locking down millions without evidence and when you lift restrictions your no nearer identifying the carriers or immune.
Exactly, that is why the WHO said from the start, test, test and test.

I’m no epidemiologist but if everyone in the world stayed isolated for long enough the virus would be eradicated once the source has been identified. That’s not going to happen and the current lockdown is just to reduce NHS pressure and indirectly save lives. As soon as the isolation is lifted the infections will go back up and it’s a question of how that’s managed and how the virus spreads. At the moment the only exit I see is everyone getting it and I rather suspect that’s why the government is wanting the nhs at a manageable level before the original Cummings and Vallance herd plan to save the economy is properly unleashed.

I wonder if there are any other members of the forum who have been infected by the virus. I am on day 6 after a week of sweats / fever / sore eyes and mouth / cough and sore throat totally confined to bed. Its a horrible thing, but i am hopefully past the worst of it and on the mend ??. I am very keen to avoid any respiratory complications as i continue to recover, and will take things very steady. It seems different people are affected in different ways and i thought it might be an idea for people to share their own experiences / ask questions as we learn about the virus. Very best wishes Tim
Hope you get well fast.
By the way, to be honest, I can’t understand why people insist that wearing masks is useless. From a scientific point of view, a large number of asymptomatic people do not know they are sick, but they are highly contagious, and wearing masks is the only Protective measures. From a cultural point of view, East Asian countries have the habit of wearing masks, not talking about China, you see Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore and other exemplary results of epidemic resistance, wearing a mask is one of the most basic means.

Hope you get well fast.
By the way, to be honest, I can’t understand why people insist that wearing masks is useless. From a scientific point of view, a large number of asymptomatic people do not know they are sick, but they are highly contagious, and wearing masks is the only Protective measures. From a cultural point of view, East Asian countries have the habit of wearing masks, not talking about China, you see Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore and other exemplary results of epidemic resistance, wearing a mask is one of the most basic means.
We were in japan last September, masks were available in every corner shop just like we would buy a paper or some polo mints.. (if you can still get them). Anyway then.... the Japanese wore the masks out of respect for each other in case the person wearing the mask had a cough or cold , so they would not transfer it to others.

i work installing emergency alarms for the elderly all over the county . Since this has broken out we have asked for more ppe, masks gloves etc.

bearing in mind I work from a van, I was given a bar of soap... gloves and was told you don’t need a mask.

i think to be honest that is rubbish again out of respect to others also for my own safety. If you look at the information out there even taking some of it with a pinch of salt . The virus can be airborne in moisture droplets, and can survive on surfaces for a length of time.

so logic says it could be in the air when near others.

I'm on day 8 of it - I would say that I've had it mildly. I'm sure it's not flu - I've had no temperature, but extreme fatigue, dry (annoying) cough, and constantly feeling like it's trying to get a hold on my lungs. I know others with very similar symptoms. Just starting to get energy back now, and I'm so glad I haven't had this any worse, as I've felt pretty rotten with it as it is. I'm a fit, mid 50's and a yoga teacher, and I've concentrated on deep breathing to keep the lungs as free and working as possible. My husband and daughter who are isolating with me have shown no real symptoms yet, strangely. Not tested yet, as other people have said in this thread - I will be very interested to take one when they're available!
Take care everyone, and for those who are poorly - get well soon! :)

I am coming out of it now - after 14 days - i have ticked all the symptoms along the way. I am sleeping 9 hours per night and dont have much energy during the day, but managing to take the dog out for 30 mins walk. I am getting fitter each day, and my appetite is coming back - i am 58 and reasonably fit - So i would say there is not much to be afraid of if you meet it head on. My wife has been keen to get it / get it out of the way. She is in bed with the fever and cough on day 4 so she will probably have a miserable week fighting it off. My daughter aged 22 lives with us - has reported lack of taste and smell but otherwise its bounced off her. I have other friends who have had different experiences with it - if you google what Belarus are doing - Vodka and Sauna i reckon they might be on to something.

I am coming out of it now - after 14 days - i have ticked all the symptoms along the way. I am sleeping 9 hours per night and dont have much energy during the day, but managing to take the dog out for 30 mins walk. I am getting fitter each day, and my appetite is coming back - i am 58 and reasonably fit - So i would say there is not much to be afraid of if you meet it head on. My wife has been keen to get it / get it out of the way. She is in bed with the fever and cough on day 4 so she will probably have a miserable week fighting it off. My daughter aged 22 lives with us - has reported lack of taste and smell but otherwise its bounced off her. I have other friends who have had different experiences with it - if you google what Belarus are doing - Vodka and Sauna i reckon they might be on to something.
Tim, good to hear you are over the worst. I seem to have followed a very similar route to you and 14 days in I am still finding any activity to be absolutely exhausting, but otherwise much better in myself. Best wishes Nick

That doesn’t sound pleasant. Might be worth feeling your pulse when you feel unwell to see if it feels irregular... Either way I’d say worth a chat with your GP.

I'm lucky, I haven't been to my GP in 15 years and probably "6x (maybe 7) " in the last 30 years. 3 on those I may add were military associated, and two were for signing medical certificates for cycling events in France. He was so reluctant the last time in 2005 that I went down the online self-assessment route / pay £60.

Back