Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

International members ?

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
i have been on this forum for quite a few years now but I don't post very often, I have however noticed over the years we are getting so many international members on here now, Belgium, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, etc.. I am sure I have also seen people posting from Japan? It is so nice to have an international feel to it here rather than just us Brits waffling on, I also salute you all in your excellent English.

So, are there any other nationalities on here?

:bananadanceBelgium .....chocolate ,pralines, wafels , beer , Belgian fries , Brussels chicory!

i have been on this forum for quite a few years now but I don't post very often, I have however noticed over the years we are getting so many international members on here now, Belgium, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, etc.. I am sure I have also seen people posting from Japan? It is so nice to have an international feel to it here rather than just us Brits waffling on, I also salute you all in your excellent English.

So, are there any other nationalities on here?

Yes, often their English, and knowledge of Britain, past and present, puts me to shame.

However, there is one thing they can't do. With a lot of confidence acquired from our accents we can fake it to kingdom come. We can waffle on and on even if we are talking rubbish and making it up. Non Brits have much to learn here. Oops, sorry, the Scots don't manage it well, and neither do Northern Irelanders. A peculiarly British skill.

This is why our stars land roles in Hollywood.

In fact, there is a great video of The Donald dubbed into English accent. Remarkable thing is he begins to sound much more imressive. Almost approaching Farage in spell binding oratory!

It is only the written word where we tend to reach a crisis. Still believing we can get away with it, we forget that our greatest accomplishment, our accents, do not carry over. Also unaware that it is actually our accents that carry the greatest logic we are truly confused as to why others disagree!

Don't believe it? Watch a House of Commons debate!

Plus while we believe in our sense of humour, we are very quick to poke fun at others, and very prickly if poked fun at.

Stiff upper lip? A fiction. Quivering lower lip has long been a discernible trait when things don't go our way! The whole world is united against us; hence we wanted Britain back!

In fact, you can't undetstand us, but we csn understand you. And that makes us laugh at you. Inside us all resides Basil Fawlty!

Oh by the way, understand VW California is really a British vehicle and tradition. Apart from those silly bits the Germans never get.

(Fellow Brits calm down! A bit of mirth. I may love Britain more than you do.)

Yet another “international” member: From Sweden.

Swedes, the Belgians, even the Swiss, the Europeans again invading this beautiful little cherished island of ours!

Remember you must pay your way, and ungrateful behaviour, or abuse of our system and values will be responded to appropriately!

And, by the way, and if you so please, could you kindly improve your countries for when we do visit, but not at our expense. Learn to serve proper tea for once. Plus sinks must really have two taps, one for hot, and one for cold.

For centuries, we had these things figurrd out until you started tinkering, anf then making up those laws in Brussels.

You exist for our amusement, and to be lectured to, and long as you are convivial and understand we shall be polite and considered as only the British can be.

And learn for heavens sake, that if we invite you to our California's for a cuppa, it is a figure of speech, not an actual invitation!

:)

Back