Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Connecting Kyham Motordome Classic Awning

B

bjornv

Just purchased a Connecting Kyham Motordome Classic Awning. Can someone explain the best way to attach the awning to the side of the van?
Thanks, Bjorn

bjornv said:
Just purchased a Connecting Kyham Motordome Classic Awning. Can someone explain the best way to attach the awning to the side of the van?
Thanks, Bjorn

Try this link Bjorn it has the video's that show the Motordome Classic being erected and connected to a VW California.

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=740 ... %20Classic

You get the plastic figure of eight in 3 one meter lengths with the awning when you buy it.

However, you will need to buy the Double Kador 6mm/6mm drive away strip.

RGS John

John,

Thanks for the link - I too was wondering whether there was an awning rail on the factory awning cassette to allow connection of a full motorhome awning.

i already have the double bead tape for my split screen, so i'm sorted :)

Simon

John,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Bjorn.

shambly said:
John,

Thanks for the link - I too was wondering whether there was an awning rail on the factory awning cassette to allow connection of a full motorhome awning.

i already have the double bead tape for my split screen, so i'm sorted :)

Simon

Yes, lift the pull open the awning cover (the flap) and you will see the inner rail where you insert the Kadon strip, fix the figure of eights to the Kadon and the Motorhome awning strip to the other side of the figure of eight, I then use the roll out awning to tension the awning tunnel to the van, it works perfectly for me

Back