Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel failure

M

Martin Jones

Reef
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Does anyone have any updated advice on control panel failures? We have a 2009 Cali. While camping this weekend the control panel became almost unreadable. Lines missing. Fortunately could see just enough to get the roof down! Don’t fancy paying £750+ for replacement/repair and don’t have skills for DIY.

If you don't fancy DIY you will probably have to go to a dealer and pay up. There are lots of posts regarding fixes and where to get spares or repairs done but you'd need to remove the panel and send it away. Try a search " control panel" , lots of reading!

You can send your panel away for repair. Someone will be along soon with the link. Don't go to VW in the meantime.

Thanks all. The verotronics option looks doable.

Although the display has nearly returned to normal now ...?

Good timing this post as our 2nd panel is starting to miss lines again. It's only about 4 years old as well which is what the first one lasted for, pathetic really.
Although the original was out of warranty VW paid 40% so our replacement "only" cost us about £430 from memory.
Looks like I'll be looking into the verotronic option this time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks all. The verotronics option looks doable.

Although the display has nearly returned to normal now ...?
It comes and goes. Eventually it will go and never come back!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

An update on this from last year. We went with verotronics and so far so good.

Quick turnaround and relatively simple to remove and put back.

An update on this from last year. We went with verotronics and so far so good.

Quick turnaround and relatively simple to remove and put back.
What was the cost to repair it? I'm curious what they do...I'd have a crack at opening mine up if I knew what to do (unless it's to delicately re-solder something)
It's gotten worse recently

What was the cost to repair it? I'm curious what they do...I'd have a crack at opening mine up if I knew what to do (unless it's to delicately re-solder something)
It's gotten worse recently
If your display is missing lines, then here is a DIY fix, for those with the capability.

My Control Panel failed and I read on the forum that the Dutch business Verotronics could carry out a repair. I am posting this to let everyone know what excellent service they provide. I sent my Control Panel to them on Friday the 24th of July by UK international postal service. They received it on the Wednesday the 29th of July and later that day repaired it and sent me the bill by email. I paid them by bank transfer later that day and they received payment the next day the 30th of July, and posted my control panel back to me. I received it today Monday the 3rd of August and it is now re-installed and fully operational in my van. What a fantastic service by Verotronics. Our bank and postal services performed very well too. So please have confidence in Verotronics and send your Control Panel to them for repair. www.verotronics.nl email info@verotronics.nl contact Miriam

My control panel has just started messing about with horizontal lines and becoming increasingly difficult to read. How much did Verotronics charge? Feel it's something that I am not going to be able to avoid. Strange though as I tried re-setting using WelshGas instructions and it said 'no errors' - guessing it's the display rather than the workings (if that makes sense).
So how much do I need to save up?
Many thanks

Verotronics got back to me in minutes - impressed so far - and they charge is 75-125 euros ex VAT. The way to go - now I've just got to get the thing out - thank you for that very helpful film - I think it was Matt - I'll be replicating your every move.

On going saga. The package got held up at customs and had to pay 85 Euros duty- even though I'm not importing the panel! - think I can apply for a refund - but obviously paid. Not their fault - we all know whose fault that is.
I've been emailing Verotronics for 3 days now to see if they have picked up the panel but haven't heard anything - I know 3 days is not a long time - but I'm anxious as it's an expensive item.
I am fully aware that this is bottom of the pile in terms of what millions of folk are facing at this time, but my van is incomplete and I'm sad about it.
To be continued.......

Couple of days after I last posted I got an email from Verotronics saying all done - received it back about 5 days later - and all working. I've seen other posts re Royal Mail and Dutch mail having big delays - so may be I got off lightly. As I said just nervous when it's a costly item.
Not sure why 66tim99 gave me a thumbs down - sorry if I offended you in any way:oops:

Couple of days after I last posted I got an email from Verotronics saying all done - received it back about 5 days later - and all working. I've seen other posts re Royal Mail and Dutch mail having big delays - so may be I got off lightly. As I said just nervous when it's a costly item.
Not sure why 66tim99 gave me a thumbs down - sorry if I offended you in any way:oops:
what did Verotronics describe it as on the Customs form and Value?

Gift - and think it was 125€.
I didn’t have to pay duty for return. I’ve applied for a refund for duty I had to pay in Holland - worth a try.

Gift - and think it was 125€.
I didn’t have to pay duty for return. I’ve applied for a refund for duty I had to pay in Holland - worth a try.
That's how you get around the Custom charges.
I think there is a gift limit of about £130 before Custom Duty Charges.

Back