Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel firmware.

Raggedroy

Raggedroy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a temperamental cool box and think the problem is related to the control panel.

Does anyone know what firmware version they have in the roof control panel. Mine is - Software 10.03. Just wondering if there is an update.

Press the return button and rotary knob together for more than 1 sec and the scroll through the menu.

Does anyone know what all I,O is on the operator panel?

AN0 - ?
AN1 - ?
AN2 - ?
AN3 - ?
AN4 - ?
AN5 - Fridge temperature sensor?
AN6 - ?
AN7 - ?
AN8 - ?
AN9 - ?
Vb - Leisure battery voltage?
I - current drawn?
PortF - ?
PortH - ?
Shift1 - ?
Shift2 - ?

IMG_08181_zps088f098b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_08181_zps088f098b.jpg
    IMG_08181_zps088f098b.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
Mine is firmware 9.00. And the fridge works fine there is a document in the download section with error codes :thumb

Cheers. I have downloaded the error code list. I have no errors. Nothing in the list relates to the inputs on the panel.

The fridge occasionally stops chilling for no reason, all of the contents warm up. The relay in the cupboard is not energised. If I adjust the control panel, the relay energises and the fridge fires up again.

Just looked at mine s/w version is 8.00 & is a warranty replacement that was fitted about a month ago. Seems like VW are getting them repaired & fitting as warranty repairs & not updating the firmware as a part of that procedure !

Not heard of any way to update the firmware, but would be interested to know if there is.

I've just had my control panel replaced. It functioned correctly, but the lights on the buttons failed.

Original panel was 10.03 and the new panel is also 10.03

Hi! Reopening this topic... Anyone knows the meaning of the AN1 to AN9 Shft1 Shft2 PortF PortH values? I try to diagnose some fridge problems and I need to know which AN or Port or Shft value (if any) would report the refrigerator temperature (coming from the temperature sender inside the refrigerator part #7H7919529 to the E153 control panel part #7e7906453C version 10.03, cali ocean 2018) and how to convert it to degrees celsius. Thanks+++

Last edited:
Hi! Reopening this topic... Anyone knows the meaning of the AN1 to AN9 Shft1 Shft2 PortF PortH values? I try to diagnose some fridge problems and I need to know which AN or Port or Shft value (if any) would report the refrigerator temperature (coming from the temperature sender inside the refrigerator part #7H7919529 to the E153 control panel part #7e7906453C version 10.03, cali ocean 2018) and how to convert it to degrees celsius. Thanks+++
AN5 is the refrigerator sensor.
Higher value = colder temperature.
If the temperature sensor is disconnected, AN5 goes to 255 and an error is displayed on the control panel (reset needed).
Refrigerator on level 3 (around 7 to 9 degrees celsius measured inside) brings AN5 around 115 / 120. (I made these measurements today after replacing the refrigerator sensor with a new one.)