Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Query

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Two yellow marks have just appeared on my control panel screen. Is this the beginning of my screen failing? I would be grateful for any advice + information on repair + cost? Thanks.616DA191-A473-44EF-9FD5-04AE90FA0797.jpeg

Two yellow marks have just appeared on my control panel screen. Is this the beginning of my screen failing? I would be grateful for any advice + information on repair + cost? Thanks.View attachment 43851
Interesting. Never seen anything that’s coloured on these screens.
Are you sure it’s not something ON the screen surface as I seem to be able to see the white pixels underneath the yellow pattern.

It doesn't look like the control panel has got the gremlins
like WG says, it looks like some burnt scrambled egg on
the screen.
When the screen gets knackered you do get a bit of a warning, and if it
does need replacing send it away to these lads

almost looks like it is on the inside of the glass / plastic, not seen it before - almost like an insect trail.

Thanks All, I will double check the yellow marks in the morning. The panel works fine, so hopefully will not become an issue. Thanks again.

Hi, apologies for the delay in my response, we have just returned from our Easter trip in the van to Val Thorens and Chamonix. I have checked the marks again, it is as if someone has used a yellow marker pen on the inside of the screen! I can still see all the functionality and everything works fine so guess I will have to live with it!!

This has just happened to mine Glynn, has yours got any worse? I’m a bit concerned!
Hi, apologies for the delay in my response, we have just returned from our Easter trip in the van to Val Thorens and Chamonix. I have checked the marks again, it is as if someone has used a yellow marker pen on the inside of the screen! I can still see all the functionality and everything works fine so guess I will have to live with it!!

Attachments

• F18046F2-60CA-4012-8E45-7649CD56E4C0.jpeg
    F18046F2-60CA-4012-8E45-7649CD56E4C0.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 26
Hi, looks to be exactly the same issue. On a positive note, I can confirm that my panel continues to work without any issue. Fingers crossed yours will also.

Thanks Glynn, out of interest how did yours happen? Mine went into the bodyshop and came out like this .. wondering if it could have been the heat when the paintwork was being baked?!

Looks like the screen has for some reason locally delaminated. Does the yellow ‘pattern’ change when you apply gentle pressure to it?

Thanks Glynn, out of interest how did yours happen? Mine went into the bodyshop and came out like this .. wondering if it could have been the heat when the paintwork was being baked?!
I’ve had internal temperatures very, very close to 50c in the van on holiday in Italy not so long ago with no problems. What temperatures do paint ovens get to?

is it the same as this- 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight

I’ve had internal temperatures very, very close to 50c in the van on holiday in Italy not so long ago with no problems. What temperatures do paint ovens get to?
The oven is 48 degrees so I wouldn’t think that would do it .. bit of a mystery

Looks like the screen has for some reason locally delaminated. Does the yellow ‘pattern’ change when you apply gentle pressure to it?
Yeah I agree looks like somethings has come apart in there, but it’s not consistent with a lot of other issues that have been reported like banding and ineligible screens. The yellow stays the same when I poke it, I was hoping it might just need a jiggle and it would go away .. if only.

Mine just appeared one day and I have not been able to establish the root cause.

Mine just appeared one day and I have not been able to establish the root cause.
Could be worthwhile emailing Verotronics, in the Netherlands, who repair these units, with pictures and ask them what could be causing this and have they seen anything like it before. Apparently they accept and respond to emails in english or you could use Google Translate to convert your email.
Possibly worth a try?

Could be worthwhile emailing Verotronics, in the Netherlands, who repair these units, with pictures and ask them what could be causing this and have they seen anything like it before. Apparently they accept and respond to emails in english or you could use Google Translate to convert your email.
Possibly worth a try?

Thanks Welshgas, I emailed them a couple of days ago with pictures and they said they couldn’t fix the fault.

Thanks Welshgas, I emailed them a couple of days ago with pictures and they said they couldn’t fix the fault.
No idea what caused it?

No response on that yet, will keep the thread updated if I get any info

No response on that yet, will keep the thread updated if I get any info
Google has this.
Moisture. It is a fairly common cause of the appearance of white and yellow stains under the gadget's display. LCD backlighting consists of films, bulbs and an inverter. LEDs display light on the side of the smartphone, and films distribute light throughout the display, forming a uniform backlight.