Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Query

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Two yellow marks have just appeared on my control panel screen. Is this the beginning of my screen failing? I would be grateful for any advice + information on repair + cost? Thanks.616DA191-A473-44EF-9FD5-04AE90FA0797.jpeg

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Two yellow marks have just appeared on my control panel screen. Is this the beginning of my screen failing? I would be grateful for any advice + information on repair + cost? Thanks.View attachment 43851
Interesting. Never seen anything that’s coloured on these screens.
Are you sure it’s not something ON the screen surface as I seem to be able to see the white pixels underneath the yellow pattern.

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
It doesn't look like the control panel has got the gremlins
like WG says, it looks like some burnt scrambled egg on
the screen.
When the screen gets knackered you do get a bit of a warning, and if it
does need replacing send it away to these lads

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
almost looks like it is on the inside of the glass / plastic, not seen it before - almost like an insect trail.

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thanks All, I will double check the yellow marks in the morning. The panel works fine, so hopefully will not become an issue. Thanks again.

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, apologies for the delay in my response, we have just returned from our Easter trip in the van to Val Thorens and Chamonix. I have checked the marks again, it is as if someone has used a yellow marker pen on the inside of the screen! I can still see all the functionality and everything works fine so guess I will have to live with it!!

HTML