Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel questions

Laercio, thanks, that solved the problem!

I read a similar method as you suggested in another thread but realized I have been disconnecting the wrong blue plug.
This time, I looked there more carefully underneath the dashboard, thanks to your detailed description , and pulled the right plug. I don’t know if the battery was fully charged, but it doesn’t matter. I now know how to fix it, and I’ll do it one more time to sync the KFG system when I’m sure the battery is fully charged.

The only problem left now is the water leak which the VW service will fix next week. Once all fixed, we’re ready to hit the road.
Perfect! I’m glad it fixed Enjoy it :)

Don’t need to do it again just drive with the charger button pressed for around 10 minutes and it will calibrate again

I also had some hiccups on the beginning too, but today after 18 months I can assure the GC is in every sense the best looking and quality CamperVan on the market!

Hey all,

Our Grand Cali is finally back from the Volkswagen service and everything is fixed, yay!

I want to thank you everyone who shared their experiences, tips and tricks here which are all valuable and helped me understand the van.

E5897B24-1DFB-43FD-82C1-3FEC09FF6A48.jpeg

P.S. 1- I don’t know if it’s already a known information, but I was told that there is a new version of the vet room tap and they replaced ours. 2- There is also a new version of the software and ours is updated.

Hi, maybe by now you had the problem solved already but if not maybe this will help others,

I had the same problem last year and it is very simple to fix, your battery is charging perfectly according to the voltage shown, you just need to sync the KFG system, turn off again the main battery red switch and leave off (*do that with the battery completely charged since the VW shunt always starts taking in a account a full battery to calibrate.)

Go to the front (*I assume on driver's side on UK here in Portugal is on the passenger's side) just above your right foot you will see many plugs, disconnect the blue one (*1st plug from the left to the right it is the only blue one) leave disconnected for 3 minutes then reconnect it, go to the back and turn on the main battery red switch, I hope it works now!

Cheers

Lae
Hi, do you happen to have a photo under the seat ? Im puzzled of the location of plug mentioned undet the seat.

Hey all,

Our Grand Cali is finally back from the Volkswagen service and everything is fixed, yay!

I want to thank you everyone who shared their experiences, tips and tricks here which are all valuable and helped me understand the van.

View attachment 92986

P.S. 1- I don’t know if it’s already a known information, but I was told that there is a new version of the vet room tap and they replaced ours. 2- There is also a new version of the software and ours is updated.
Hi
Maybe you can share a photo of the new wet room tap. As well also what is the
Hey all,

View attachment 92986

Hey all,

View attachment 92986

P.S. 1- I don’t know if it’s already a known information, but I was told that there is a new version of the vet room tap and they replaced ours. 2- There is also a new version of the software and ours is updated
Hey all,

View attachment 92986

Hi.
Maybe you can share a photo of the new wet room tap as well tell the version number of the new software update.
I ask you since my VW dealer don’t seems to know about it.…

@DrivesOnArctic, here is the photo of the space in front of the passenger seat. The arrows points toward the door as a reference. The blue socket is the one circled in red.
I switched off the electricity from the main in the cabinet behind the van, then pulled the blue socket off, waited for 4-5 min, then reattached the blue socket and turned on the electricity. It solved my problem. I hope it helps you too if you haven’t solved it yet.FE7E7925-235F-4BD0-B8A8-5F8F76D898A7.jpeg

@Sweden now in GC, here you go. See the tap and the software version (on the bottom right) installed in my Grand Cali. I hope it help.

CF442368-0496-441E-A208-25F764234437.jpeg
A830F9FA-A0DC-49C4-81CD-2250981A33FF.jpeg
15D5671A-7D73-4B4B-A589-2C4341D09232.jpeg

Hi, maybe by now you had the problem solved already but if not maybe this will help others,

I had the same problem last year and it is very simple to fix, your battery is charging perfectly according to the voltage shown, you just need to sync the KFG system, turn off again the main battery red switch and leave off (*do that with the battery completely charged since the VW shunt always starts taking in a account a full battery to calibrate.)

Go to the front (*I assume on driver's side on UK here in Portugal is on the passenger's side) just above your right foot you will see many plugs, disconnect the blue one (*1st plug from the left to the right it is the only blue one) leave disconnected for 3 minutes then reconnect it, go to the back and turn on the main battery red switch, I hope it works now!

Cheers

Lae
Hi Lae!
A really cautious reply from me as follows: should I squeeze something to release the blue plug, or just pull hard?
In parallel: there are large white plugs in the electrical locker (249 volts) : can these be pulled off or do they need to be released first?

Back