Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California camper control panel

tänään palautimme GC680:n jälleenmyyjälle ja saimme tarjouksen, jonka avulla voimme hyväksyä. Joten matkamme Kalifornian kanssa ovat ohi. Toivon, että te kaikki voitte nauttia matkoistanne ja sinulla on parempaa onnea GC:nne kanssa.

Matkusta turvallisesti,
satuja
Hei! Mukava kuulla että saitte kaupan purettua. Itselläni samat ongelmat ja väännety automyyjän kanssa jo yli vuosi asian kanssa. Olisiko mahdollista sada tietää millaisilla ehdoilla myyjä suostui purkaman kaupan? Olisimme erittäin kiitollisia avusta. -Kiitos-

Would be lovely to know what the actual issue is as couple of weeks before Christmas we had a long weekend in the Cotswolds which was cold and snowing so has the heating and hot water on for four days/nights nonstop and never cut out at all in that time.
Ours was randomly faulting too. Thank you to whoever on this forum suggested disconnecting the cable that connects the underseat controller to the central control panel ( Mr T maybe?). I wired an an old telecom cable into an on/off toggle switch and used a double female ended connection block to fit it between the existing cable and the underseat controller. The ew cutout switch is mounted under the rear bench seat, hidden just below the front lip of the seat and behind the small gap.
When the switch is on, the central control panel is connected and we use that to control the heating. Overnight or whenever we go out we just switch our new switch off. The heating has never randomly switched itself off when we’ve used the cutoff to disconnect the two control panels.
Just make sure that any new cable you use has the cable wires in the same position on the connector blocks as the existing. It’s a 6 pin plug but only uses 2 wires.
I’ve made it sound more complicated than it is, it was a straightforward installation.

The original underseat cable is really long and was coiled up under the seat. I’d wondered if there was occasionally an induced current that was enough to upset the controller. So before fitting the cutout switch I uncoiled it all and draped it around the van to see if that was the cause, but it still faulted.

Hei! Mukava kuulla että saitte kaupan purettua. Itselläni samat ongelmat ja väännety automyyjän kanssa jo yli vuosi asian kanssa. Olisiko mahdollista sada tietää millaisilla ehdoilla myyjä suostui purkaman kaupan? Olisimme erittäin kiitollisia avusta. -Kiitos-
We took a 6000e hit from that.

While on EHU, I noticed that my electric heating options are greyed out. Is that another fault of the infamous control panel?
I am able to overwrite that from the Truma control panel by selecting EL1 or 2, but then (after waiting to gain control panel access back from Truma control panel), the selection shows electricity and when I click it, electricity options are still greyed out, while Diesel is not selected anymore.

20240808_142958.jpg

20240808_161435.jpg

20240808_161440.jpg

This is common observation
Try running it on diesel for a minute or so and the electric buttons will be enabled

Tried hundreds of time on mine, never succeed to enter in the factory setting menu... :headbang
Tried a hundred of times to no avail, and to come across instruction, which said "Swipe your finger centrally from the top to the word Battery.", which worked perfectly.

In other words, do not swipe down till the bottom, stop at the "Battery" label, and... voilla!

Screenshot 2024-08-08 221045.png

This is common observation
Try running it on diesel for a minute or so and the electric buttons will be enabled
Many thanks for the tip. I assume the bottom panel, when selected to use electricity, will override the top one and use it straight away without me having the hassle of running diesel for a minute?

Many thanks for the tip. I assume the bottom panel, when selected to use electricity, will override the top one and use it straight away without me having the hassle of running diesel for a minute?
On another note, can I (or should I?) update panel software v. V010108 to the newest one, if it's available at all?

Back