Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Convenience closing and convenience opening

Devaprem

Devaprem

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello. Can anyone tell me what the terms 'convenience closing' and 'convenience opening' are? Locking with a short keypress causes central locking click in and the hazards lights flash. I believe Safelock is activated too. Keeping the lock lock button pressed for longer (about 10 secs), the wing mirrors fold in and the hazard lights flash a second time. From reading the manual, I think convenience closing is activated by keeping the lock key pressed down and is something to do with the electric windows. I can't find anything else in the manual about it. Also, is Safelock deactivated after the second instance of the hazard lights flashing?

Hello. Can anyone tell me what the terms 'convenience closing' and 'convenience opening' are? Locking with a short keypress causes central locking click in and the hazards lights flash. I believe Safelock is activated too. Keeping the lock lock button pressed for longer (about 10 secs), the wing mirrors fold in and the hazard lights flash a second time. From reading the manual, I think convenience closing is activated by keeping the lock key pressed down and is something to do with the electric windows. I can't find anything else in the manual about it. Also, is Safelock deactivated after the second instance of the hazard lights flashing?
Long press on the Remote lock button, besides locking the car, folding wing mirrors will also close any Open, electrically operated, window. You have to keep pressing until all such windows are closed.
Likewise, a long press on the Unlock button opens the cab windows.
Has no effect on the Deadlock/Safelock function which is set via the Button on the B pillar behind drivers seat on the T5/6 and the Control Panel on the T6.1, I believe.

Thanks, WelshGas. I understand now.

Back