Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Converting a Cali to something better.

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have looked into it and I would probably have to pay 55k€ and my van
to upgrade to a Westfalia Club Joker City.

Its very similar to the Cali but it has a bog and shower fixed inside, that is
the USP for me. We love our Cali and having owned from new don't really
want to part with it.

Is it such a crazy idea to think about ripping the interior out
and fitting a Westfalia one?

Simple answers like yes or no are welcome.:)

I like the idea of the joker with a pop top.
How about selling your van, buying a second hand transporter and having the westfalia interior fitted to that? Migh be cheaper. Especially with the Cali roof the wrong way round.

I have looked into it and I would probably have to pay 55k€ and my van
to upgrade to a Westfalia Club Joker City.

Its very similar to the Cali but it has a bog and shower fixed inside, that is
the USP for me. We love our Cali and having owned from new don't really
want to part with it.

Is it such a crazy idea to think about ripping the interior out
and fitting a Westfalia one?

Simple answers like yes or no are welcome.:)
Second hand joker city do come up more often than a high top, the ones I’ve seen have been around £57k with very low mileage and only a couple of years old.
You would devalue your cali and also struggle to do conversion as pop top opens other way to accommodate head room for shower/loo area.
If you go 2nd hand just keep an eye on all the westy dealer sites, as they don’t hang around long.
Campersales
Harbour creek
Roseisle
Wandahomes
So I’d say no, sell Cali for good money and be ready to pounce on a 2nd hand city joker.

Few used 4motions available soon from 'stitches and steel' shortly with their own conversion - can be used as a works van when not camping, ideal 2nd van!:

//
There's many fine details to cover. But like all good yard-sales, it's probably best to gloss over them all.

Instead, you just need to show up with a fist full of grubby tenners and a keen eye for some S+S gear at a heavily reduced rate.

They'll be coffee, it'll be on the house and we will be ready in a rag-tag sort of way to sling it out the Atelier door from early Friday morning. Maybe we'll be sipping something stronger as Friday afternoon sets in. We'll have to wait and see, we'll be manning the fort for the duration of Saturday too.

We will be letting you loose on seconds, samples and the mucho' detritus acquired and accumulated over this half-decade in the trenches. We also might have the odd van or four (yup, we actually have X4 scruffy, S+S converted - 4motion vans that could find new owners after a recent project we built them for). This might be a clear out to end all clear outs.

If you do actually have a few questions don't hesitate to ping a mail over to us via info@stitchesandsteel.com
//

Or... if you just fancy a full tits-to-the-wind adventure out East for the weekend then we salute you. Be sure to stop in for a coffee and we'll scrawl some crosses on your map for you.
//

ss.jpg

Its not happening, I contacted Westfalia to ask if I could
buy the whole interior with the roof.

Of course, the answer was No.
We only sell complete Vehicles 'you idiot' was the kind of tone.

I can't believe that even I thought it would be do-able, must
have been in the sun too long when that idea occurred.

Back to thinking about shower and bog tents, when off grid.:talktothehand

If we were to van more seriously my Mrs would insist on a washroom - current favourite is a Chausson X550, positioned as a motor home in a campervan package.

Toilets feel incompatible with VWs to me.

If we were to van more seriously my Mrs would insist on a washroom - current favourite is a Chausson X550, positioned as a motor home in a campervan package.

Toilets feel incompatible with VWs to me.
Keep an eye on the many conversions now being done on the VW Crafter / MAN TGE. With a 6m van there are some good options, with the 6.8m version there are even more.
I've recently ordered a MAN TGE 3.180 with most of the 'bell & whistles' to have converted to my requirements.

While members are clearly not pounced on by admin for using the term "Westphalia", I'm not sure if this one won't find me in breach of forum standards, but here goes .......... Bilbo's! Their Lezan high-top has a cassette toilet built in as standard.

While members are clearly not pounced on by admin for using the term "Westphalia", I'm not sure if this one won't find me in breach of forum standards, but here goes .......... Bilbo's! Their Lezan high-top has a cassette toilet built in as standard.
Only see it called westfalia on here :thumb