Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking & Food

I do toast in a dry frying pan or Go version of Ridgemonkey. Really good once you get the hang of it.

Bit of an impulse buy (it was on offer at go-outdoors and could get my C&MC discount on it too!) but I got a cardiac e-braai for when we are on EHU. This way I can still pretend I'm BBQing and have a beer!

Find if cooks great (just like a gas Cadac but with more temperature control) but there is a thick glass ring that goes around the heating element (it lifts off so wrap it in bubblewrap when transporting) it's thick glass so unlikely to break, but obviously a little bit of a concern.

So, took the plunge and bought the Vango Sizzle Double induction hob. Will now use it when on EHU most of the time rather than burning our 907 gas. Nice unit with an easy clean surface. Various wattages selectable up to 800 Watts per ring. (Useful to avoid potentially tripping the campsite supply). £69 from Go Outdoors so should pay back fairly quickly.

DC505663-A3A5-415B-9056-A663B39E29D3.jpeg

So, i’ve tested this with steel pans and it works just fine. Has anybody used the steel diffuser plates to enable the use of aluminium pans on an induction hob? I’ve now read some negative reports, suggesting that they ruin the hob, so might have to pack some steel pans after all :-(

So, i’ve tested this with steel pans and it works just fine. Has anybody used the steel diffuser plates to enable the use of aluminium pans on an induction hob? I’ve now read some negative reports, suggesting that they ruin the hob, so might have to pack some steel pans after all :-(
I read the same reviews after admiring your purchase yesterday and decided to hold fire. We use 2 ridgemonkeys too often and wouldn't want to be without them. Maybe a single electric (not induction) hob for us??

I read the same reviews after admiring your purchase yesterday and decided to hold fire. We use 2 ridgemonkeys too often and wouldn't want to be without them. Maybe a single electric (not induction) hob for us??
Might be a good shout that. Oh well ……..