Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking - sliding pan

L

LuRay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I rarely found a flat spot wild camping. I don't really care for sleeping. Nevertheless it's tricky to make a cup of tee when my tea pot slides off the cooker, lol.
Any DIY ideas for fixing pans, pots on the cooker?

Usually anti slip ones have concentric circles on the bottom. I think there are some magnetic models out there to. Or maybe just to use levelling chocks.

There are pan supports available for use on boats but the may need some customising, worth a search on Google.

Usually anti slip ones have concentric circles on the bottom. I think there are some magnetic models out there to. Or maybe just to use levelling chocks.
They just twirl around on a slope which is fairly scary when they're full off hot water...

I used a circular sanding disc attached to a drill bit to roughen up the base of the saucepan (a Tefal Ingenio).

It helped a bit

Last edited:
I rarely found a flat spot wild camping. I don't really care for sleeping. Nevertheless it's tricky to make a cup of tee when my tea pot slides off the cooker, lol.
Any DIY ideas for fixing pans, pots on the cooker?
Steel bottomed kettle with some strong/large rare earth magnets inside on the base. A magnetic kettle.
Not so good for saucepans but might work with the magnets external on the sides or base. Not sure how they would react to direct heat.
Definitely works on my Outwell folding kettle.

I think leveling chocks solve the cause, which is better than curing the symptoms. Also I believe with a flat van the (electric) roof operates better, the fridge also, no headaches if sleeping with head lower than feet, and you get to solve the impossible task of swiveling the seat with the handbrake on :)

Thank you all for your feedback.

+ArunAlec mentioned boat pan supports. I have an idea which goes this direction.

Magnets - I love them for so many applications. Yet, I don't feel like using them when it comes to cooking.
Leveling - I agree that it would be most secure and right way to do :)

Got the levelling air suspension so not a problem in the van but on our double Gaz cooker that we use outside I took the angle grinder to the metal grilles on the cooker. Gound a few random slots in them and it seems to help. Probably just the rough edges of the slots which no doubt will wear over time but working OK at the moment.

Got the levelling air suspension so not a problem in the van but on our double Gaz cooker that we use outside I took the angle grinder to the metal grilles on the cooker. Gound a few random slots in them and it seems to help. Probably just the rough edges of the slots which no doubt will wear over time but working OK at the moment.
Air suspension... Yeah... That would be my prefer way to go. A cup of tea is not going to justify its costs. Yet...
:Grin
Cool tip with the grinder :thumb

I use tefal Jamie Oliver pans with the induction hob bottom which grips really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back