Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cool Box Option on the Beach

R

rodbateman

I'm trying to understand where the factory fit option cool box goes - does it sit on the rails behind the passenger seat or use storage box space if two seater rear seat specified. Can it be specified with the three seat version. Finally, is it worth having over and a retrofit toolbox or just putting one in the boot?

Many thanks for all replies.

The VW coolbox does NOT fit under the multi flex board on the 2 seater beach.
We got ourselves a WAECO 35l fridge/freezer (which also dosn't fit under the multi flex board). We lash ours down behind the passsenger seat and plug into the 12v socket or if on hook up use 240 volt, there is a fitting kit for it to fit it to the floor rails..........lot better than a VW coolbox.

Yes it can be ordered with the three seat rear bench. It fits under the multiplex board on the three seater bench too.

It's worth searching for a previous thread to see what others have used. Someone posted a photo on that thread of a 30 ltr box between the driver and passenger seat which looked good.

As per the earlier thread on coolers, I use a 12/240 volt cooler from lidl which you can jam in behind the front seat on the 2 seat Beach. I think it cost about half the price of the fastening kit from Waeco, let alone the cost of the their cooler.

:lol:

Simon

Back