Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cool My Camper

Portable Aircon Unit, anyone any knowledge if please?
Hi, Just seen your question about portable air coolers my mate Adam at Total Cool has them, i got one and they work really well give them a shout 01200423109.
Good luck
Rocket.

Hi, Just seen your question about portable air coolers my mate Adam at Total Cool has them, i got one and they work really well give them a shout 01200423109.
Good luck
Rocket.
@Ross walker , is this a unit where you pour water to cool or is this a compressor based unit?

Ta.

@Ross walker , is this a unit where you pour water to cool or is this a compressor based unit?

Ta.
you poor it in to cool if you put ice in works even better, great little unit also handy for putting oils in for midgey repellant.

Not sure but worth asking, not sure if you've come across them before but they do a lot of the shows check the Total cool website, well impressed with mine.

This is my set up. Keep in mind I have made the hangers and window blank. I copied this off another poster on this forum who managed ok without the supports. It works well and is full compressor aircon.

IMG_4845.JPGIMG_4846.JPGIMG_4856.JPG

Evaporative coolers aren't as effective when its humid (like in the UK), but they can make a difference for sure, the drier the conditions the more you notice the effect.
I've always been curious how effective the total cool ones are, they look a good design.

A proper aircon is very tempting, It would be excellent if VW put in a system that could run off the hookup too.

There is the zero breeze but wow its expensive.

Exactly the whole system is already there just needs tweaking to electric / inverter drive and job done.

A proper aircon is very tempting, It would be excellent if VW put in a system that could run off the hookup too.
Get yourself an electric California, this will have electric powered airco. Just make sure you charge fully before, and after use, or your driving range will be zero.

If you are really really hot freeze a bottle of water which is easy to do in the California fridge. Put it next to you in bed ....Wow never thought a frozen bottle of water could feel so good...

Portable Aircon Unit, anyone any knowledge if please?
Cover the windows with film
The bad option is that it will become dark in the van. If you want the light from the street to penetrate the RV, cover the windows with a sun-protective film. It helps to cope with the heat.

Ventilate properly
Do not open windows during the day: hot air from the street will get into the RV. It is better to open the windows during cool hours. In the morning - from 4 to 8 am, in the evening - after 10 pm. If you can, leave the windows open at night. Cover them before it gets hot outside.

Humidify the air
Coldwater will help cool the van. The first option is a spray bottle; pour ice water into it and spray it every hour and a half. The main thing is not to overdo it: too humid air will not add comfort.

The second option is a homemade humidifier. Pour ice water into it and add ice. You can add a drop of peppermint or lemon essential oil.

Also, this information can be useful!

Back