Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coolant consumption

Trev

Trev

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have had a new engine fitted to our 150 dsg 2016 California under warranty due to a cyclinder head problem which was causing excessive coolant consumption. VW said that for the first 20,000 miles the engine will be “finding its level so you may need to add coolant”. After 2,000 miles light has come on and we’ve had to add about 1.2l in just under 300 miles of motorway driving. Feels more like excessive consumption rather than an engine finding its level.

Does anyone else have a similar experience re coolant consumption?

That is excessive if the system was bleed properly then you should only drop a little bit over the 20k I suspect your Egr cooler has split internally if you have already had the modified head with the new engine

That is excessive if the system was bleed properly then you should only drop a little bit over the 20k I suspect your Egr cooler has split internally if you have already had the modified head with the new engine
@Vw guru many thanks (again) for your expertise. Will take this up with the dealer. Can’t beleieve we have had a second dose of this. Do you think it likely the modified head would have been automatically fitted to the new engine or should I question if that is the case?

My suspicion is that it will have the modified head but just get your dealer to check

Back