Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooling/Warming Box - Is it worth it ?

JTMonza

JTMonza

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience of the Factory Cooling/Warming box that you can order.

Is it worth it ?

We purchased a Dometic Portable Box last year to use for Camping in our T5 Kombi. Just wondering if the Factory Toolbox is worth the upgrade when we order a Beach...?

i wouldnt bother as it is not a compressor type and is always running and will only cool to about 18 degrees lower than ambiant

I agree. I hear they are shite. Thermo couple cooling or something. Battery flattener written all over it. And the beach only has one leisure battery. Stick with the dometic

Thanks for the feedback...maybe I could spend the money on Grape Yellow instead !
Now your talking sense! Not that you weren't earlier. Only 1 colour for a beach in my mind. Yellow. Looks awesome in a camp site amongst all the beige and white

They are absolutely brilliant at heating up fine cheeses! So the moral is be careful not to inadvertently press the wrong button. The warm function is however useful for keeping pasties, fish and chips etc warm until you get to your meal location.

Frankly with the cold function, don't think of it as anything other than a fancy cool box. A fridge it definitely isn't! If you are going to use it, stick some freezer blocks in and don't open it too much. Your contents should stay cool all day.

If you want a fridge/freezer then get a compressor fridge. They are brilliant, use next to no power and are almost silent.

If you want one, Lidl do a £40 version. I've only used it once and it sounded like a plane taking off but seemed perfectly adequate.

Back