Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornering Lights - eh

slowcoach65

slowcoach65

VIP Member
OK, I'll embarrass myself for the benefit of others so they don't waste 2 hours of their life!

I noticed the front lights seems to be fluctuating when driving. I parked the Cali in the driveway with the wheel turned to the left (this is an important fact) and checked the front lights to find the left foglight was on when I put the main lights on BUT both fogs came on when I put the fog lights on. By chance, I then noticed, the following day, when I parked the Cali with the lights on and with the wheel to the right, that the right fog was on but not the left.

THEN I read the book to discover the world of cornering lights!

Exasperated,

Andy :headwall

So you havent had people come up to you and say "one of your lights is out" ?
You can reply and say its only a problem round corners ..... not to worry.
You get strange looks and then have to explain

Lol...

Check out the thread " Things you didnt know your Cali did" or something like that :clap

They seem to work very well in unlit areas and on roads that you need that little extra help which the full beams wouldn't give you ...good little cali addition ;)

Ive literally gone through this same thing whilst spotting that one of my fog lights was out in a window reflection whilst maneuvering in a carpark.

Upon arriving home and seeing them both on, i was quite baffled. I knew there was a cornering function but assumed it was the main lights that turned like they do on my wifes Volvo.

Learning everyday!

Ive literally gone through this same thing whilst spotting that one of my fog lights was out in a window reflection whilst maneuvering in a carpark.

Upon arriving home and seeing them both on, i was quite baffled. I knew there was a cornering function but assumed it was the main lights that turned like they do on my wifes Volvo.

Learning everyday!
Well done for not starting a new thread. Almost 9 yrs to the day since the previous post. You hold the record.:cheers

Well done for not starting a new thread. Almost 9 yrs to the day since the previous post. You hold the record.:cheers
Oooo the temptation tho ;)

I know there is the manual but its way more fun (and convenient!) to check in here :D

Back