Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornwall here we come

I have ceased to be concerned about lockdowns, tiers, invaders to my low-CV world spreading virus all over the place ...

What I am concerned about is that I don't get it.

It can be harmless, it can be lethal, there is a strong body of evidence that suggests for many it is a long term debilitating condition, I just can't afford to take the risk. I have two major projects planned for 2021, an even bigger one for 2022 that is going to take all my strength and stamina, I don' want the damned thing and it seems that the best way to avoid it is to actually "follow the science" to quote Boris, take all the recommended precautionary measures and by protecting myself I actually end up protecting others that I come into contact with.

The idea that having come so far with lockdowns and tiers, with a vaccine in sight, I now pop my head higher over the wall than necessary and catch the virus, to me it's just plain daft.
Indeed, "having come so far" why risk it? Relaxing rules at Christmas would have been a good idea if we had reduced the virus cases to something insignificant. Even from those low levels in the late summer, when we relaxed we got the 2nd wave. There is currently about 60 times more virus around than in the late summer. Relaxation of the rules now is asking for the 3rd wave which will no doubt come in January, long before the vaccination programme has any real effect. If you don't want the virus, keep out of everyone's way, if you can. Including Christmas, even if the relaxed rules say you can. That way we might, just might, keep the NHS staff safe enough and healthy enough for them to be there to vaccinate us when that arrives. I am not saying don't use the relaxed rules to go and support family in real need at Christmas. I am saying, if we can live without those Christmas visits, now is the time to take that hit. Of course, it's difficult, of course it hurts and of course it's sad.

Indeed, "having come so far" why risk it? Relaxing rules at Christmas would have been a good idea if we had reduced the virus cases to something insignificant. Even from those low levels in the late summer, when we relaxed we got the 2nd wave. There is currently about 60 times more virus around than in the late summer. Relaxation of the rules now is asking for the 3rd wave which will no doubt come in January, long before the vaccination programme has any real effect. If you don't want the virus, keep out of everyone's way, if you can. Including Christmas, even if the relaxed rules say you can. That way we might, just might, keep the NHS staff safe enough and healthy enough for them to be there to vaccinate us when that arrives. I am not saying don't use the relaxed rules to go and support family in real need at Christmas. I am saying, if we can live without those Christmas visits, now is the time to take that hit. Of course, it's difficult, of course it hurts and of course it's sad.
Totally Agree, and it's Not Governments that are causing the problems it's Covid 19.