Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornwall - Test Week in a California

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Heres a few Cali pictures from our trip to Cornwall this week. I plan to post up a more detailed account of our trip including the sites we visited and things we learned along the way; hopefully some of this will be useful for other potential Cali owners like us.

For now though, a huge thank you to Oli and his team at BMVS in Bognor Regis, where we hired the Cali. Although not local to us (in Bristol!), we booked with BMVS specifically because of the choice of California's available to hire, meaning we could hire the spec of vehicle that we have in mind to (hopefully) purchase later in the year. Service was great and Oli was very quick to assist with the faulty tap problem (blown fuse) including a post on here early in the week.

Our first port of call, drove from Bognor to Looe in Cornwall
DSC02070.jpg

We stayed at Bay View Campsite just outside Looe. This site is idyllic with stunning views across to Looe and out to sea
DSC02078.jpg

DSC02077.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

It was only after the first night here that we discovered a very small area at the bottom of the campsite which was secluded from the rest of the site and completely sheltered from the wind!
DSC02122.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02118.jpg

After a couple days, we headed down to Sea View International holiday park near Gorran Haven
DSC02156.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

We had a day walking from Talland Bay to Polperro, here we are parked at Talland Bay
DSC02096.jpg

Down to a site in Portscatho for a night, via the Ferry at Fowey
DSC02139.jpg

Before (sadly) heading back up country to return the Cali, we split the journey back by stopping for a final night at a site in Eype near Bridport.

A thoroughly enjoyable week and we are now shaking the piggy bank to see if enough falls out to go and buy a Califormia - unforntunaly so far though its only some loose change an IOU and a few bits of fluff :lol:

Great pictures. Really glad you enjoyed your holiday. The weather looked like it was kind
To you :thumb check down the back of the sofa :rofl you never know :thumb

Oh yes, Cali travels and adventures on ' the hoof ' is so satisfying.....

I too am hiring from Oli + BMVS in August. Glad you had a great time. Where in Bristol are you?

davefevs said:
I too am hiring from Oli + BMVS in August. Glad you had a great time. Where in Bristol are you?

We are in the Hanham area, Bath side of Bristol.

Looks great!

We lived in Bristol for a while and are now back home in Cornwall. Both great places!

Glad the tap issue was sorted. Oli jumped on it very quickly!

Bjohnson said:
davefevs said:

We are in the Hanham area, Bath side of Bristol.

Downend for me...do only a few miles away round the ring road.

Any tips from your hire as this will be first time camping / glamping without a tent?

Hi Dave

Finally got round to posting up our experiences from the trip, it's posted in the beginners topic section, hope this proves useful.

Cheers

Enjoyed seeing your photos going along with your great description of your trial trip.

Only just seen this Brian, pictures look great. Have you emailed them to me before? If not can you please

Many thanks

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Only just seen this Brian, pictures look great. Have you emailed them to me before? If not can you please

Many thanks

Hi Oli, emailed the photos to you a few weeks ago, so hopefully you have them in your inbox

Hi Brian

I cant see it, would you mind re-sending please

Cheers

Oli