Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Courtesy vehicle

Terry

Terry

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
What vehicle is offered for use when yours is being repaired.

I had a Polo, but it was only for 48 hrs.

I was offered a Cali when mine went into have the parking sensors retro-fitted. But since it would have just sat on my drive for 3 days whilst I was away on business I accepted a lift to the train station instead. I can't see why I would want a replacement Cali unless it was going to be in for many days / weeks on an unplanned basis - too much kit to transfer between vehicles. I'd normally schedule the work for when I didn't need the Cali.

I would generally prefer a replacement car but I think that causes them more difficulty than a Cali because and van dealerships are very separate.

If you really need a Cali then tell them that other dealers are offering Cali's .

Last edited:
Are you asking about a general loan for service or repair or a repair such as roof repair. --- Never used on loan vehicle for service, get a lift home and pick up. For roof repair had a Cali for 10 days.

The garage had my vehicle for over one week for warranty work,
I requested a courtesy veh for the weekend they offered a VW crafter (work veh) and were surprised when I complained ?.

Mine is going in for a replacement fridge next week, they will have the vehicle for 5 days and they are providing me with a caravelle.

The garage had my vehicle for over one week for warranty work,
I requested a courtesy veh for the weekend they offered a VW crafter (work veh) and were surprised when I complained ?.
It is a VAN centre after all. Typically a multi seated vehicle would be offered if available in led to understand a shuttle, kombi, caravelle etc. If its last minute you will find its a lucky dip. I always try to book at least 4 weeks prior.
I doubt I would use a loan vehicle to go away in or sleep in. Typically used to get home from the garage and use as little as possible.

Back