Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cover for T5 cali VW bike rack and longer straps for carbon deep rims

Allie Park

Allie Park

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has used a decent cover on bikes when on the T5 Cali rack? The bikes protrude over roof height so ideally would like a cover that can be used when driving but if not, then the best one for when stationary as we currently use 2 tarpaulins and loads of bungees.

Also - where would i buy spare wheel straps that are longer to accommodate deep section carbon wheel rims on the rack?

thank you

allie

Never bother with a cover so cant help there.

For deep section wheels I use some toe clip straps looped through a slot in the wheel holders. These ones from Decathlon do the job https://www.decathlon.co.uk/toe-clip-straps-id_8171436.html
They are long enough for at least 80mm deep rims on my (Atera) tailgate rack.
Does the VW rack has the same or similar slots as in the Atera wheel holders that could be used?
11111188_1 (1).jpg
Slots are the ones inside the normal plastic strap.

oh they look perfect! thank you. My deepest wheel is a zipp 808, the existing ties are not quite long enough but i will measure them and compare with them - hadn't thought of toe ties like that! Excellent.

To cover bikes when off rack I use a mobility scooter cover. It is also large enough to store other things like barbecue etc and also has pegging points built into it.

Back