Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

COVID proof France

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We’ve all had 3 or 4 COVID jabs but one of our party has just discovered that although she has the NHS app, she doesn’t actually have proof of vaccination. She has had to provide further evidence of identity and is now waiting to be verified. This can take up to one week, but we travel on Wednesday!

Apart from be more organised next time, what would you do now? Do they even check this at the tunnell crossing?

We were asked for proof for our ferry crossing last week. The card certificates that we were given along with the jab weren’t accepted - only the certificate in the nhs app was.

We’ve all had 3 or 4 COVID jabs but one of our party has just discovered that although she has the NHS app, she doesn’t actually have proof of vaccination. She has had to provide further evidence of identity and is now waiting to be verified. This can take up to one week, but we travel on Wednesday!

Apart from be more organised next time, what would you do now? Do they even check this at the tunnell crossing?
Hey,

We used the EuroTunnel from the UK to France On July 1st.

3 days before, the app said I needed to add the certificates, I was a bit worried as we’re living in Switzerland and don’t have the NHS app.

I opened the Swiss Covid app, downloaded the PDF copies, and uploaded them to EuroTunnel.

I checked every few hours as I was a bit surprised and concerned, but figured it would be a strange conversation as we returning to Switzerland.

On the EuroTunnel app some message popped up saying “don’t contact us, you might only get verified shortly before the departure time” or words to that effect.

True to their words, the certificates were verified either the night before or in the morning (can’t remember exactly).

So from my experience it was a bit last minute but was ok.

Will you friend have something on her on the day of travel? Like passport + printed certificate and the names match?

Back