Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Current delivery times?

This week a dealer in Switzerland told me the current wait was 16 weeks, but today a dealer in France told me that an order placed now would probably be delivered next June!

Interestingly the French dealer said that German, Benelux and Swiss dealers had faster delivery times than other surrounding countries.
CD, stating the obvious perhaps but make sure you talk to a number of dealers in France. All VW dealers are not equal when it comes to delivery times because of the way allocation works.

It could be the one you spoke to in France is just making excuses (because they can't get you one quickly due to using their allocation already) and doesn't want you to go elsewhere.

In the UK some dealers quoted me 4 months, others 10 months.

The VW (car) website explains allocation and advises customers to check with their dealer and go elsewhere if that dealer has to wait for allocation.

I think this is why we see such wide variety in delivery times, as some dealers will take an order knowing it isn't going to progress at all for X months until they have allocation available again. IMO it's vital to specifically ask a dealer to confirm their position on this before ordering.

Hope this helps.

Interesting and good to know. The dealer in France has several concessions in the region and says they sell 50% of the Calis in France. Maybe they sold too many...

The Swiss dealer has the VW monopoly in the country and says they sell 2500 Calis a year, so maybe they get priority treatment.

@Steve39

Good Afternoon,

No problem at all, I will be on this forum for the foreseeable future to help out where I can. :)

Whenever I have any useful information or some inside knowledge I will post it up.

Hi Dan, what's the lead time for a Cali beach at the moment please?

Hi Dan, what's the lead time for a Cali beach at the moment please?
Hi Pauline, hopefully Dan will give a dealer view...but FYI I'm picking up a 150 DSG Candy White Beach on Weds. Ordered on 14/06 so a day short of 3 months.

Ok, the dealer confirmed that my Cali was manufactured during week 36, ready on September 9. Happy. Now two weeks to be registered/delivered in Italy.

The delivery times seem to be varied somewhat:

I ordered our California on the 21st of July (spec below) and was told that we should have it for mid November.

I have just received a very welcome mail saying that it will be with the dealer (Carrs in Exeter) tomorrow, and i can pick it up on Friday :)

All being well, that would have been just over two months wait....

150ps DSG
Mojave Beige Metallic
Alcantara/Moon Rock/Titanium Black Interior
Alloy spare wheel with original equipment tyre
Awning rail and housing in silver
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Cupboard in Dark Wood with outdoor shower connection
Discover Media Navigation system plus
Driver alert with premium multi-function display
Electric sliding door driver side
First aid kit with warning triangle and safety vest
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Heat insulating tinted glass
Heated front windscreen
High Beam Assist
Interior light concept
Leather multi-function sports steering wheel
LED headlamps/daytime running lights/tail lights
Lockable storage compartment
Magnetic flashlight
Mud flaps front and rear
Premium Bluetooth interface/wireless aerial/storage compartment
Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system
4 remote control folding keys
Side Scan with cruise control
1 swivel seat rail system in 2nd row of seats
Wooden floor effect with plastic lining in passenger compartment
Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
80L fuel tank
Bike rack
Roof rails

150 DSG 4 motion ocean ordered 5th July. Vehicle arrived last Thursday in Santander. Our dealer in Elche, Spain expects delivery within the next 48 hrs. Few more days for climacool window tinting, PDI and registration. We should have it within a week.

The delivery times seem to be varied somewhat:

I ordered our California on the 21st of July (spec below) and was told that we should have it for mid November.

I have just received a very welcome mail saying that it will be with the dealer (Carrs in Exeter) tomorrow, and i can pick it up on Friday :)

All being well, that would have been just over two months wait....

150ps DSG
Mojave Beige Metallic
Alcantara/Moon Rock/Titanium Black Interior
Alloy spare wheel with original equipment tyre
Awning rail and housing in silver
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
Cupboard in Dark Wood with outdoor shower connection
Discover Media Navigation system plus
Driver alert with premium multi-function display
Electric sliding door driver side
First aid kit with warning triangle and safety vest
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Heat insulating tinted glass
Heated front windscreen
High Beam Assist
Interior light concept
Leather multi-function sports steering wheel
LED headlamps/daytime running lights/tail lights
Lockable storage compartment
Magnetic flashlight
Mud flaps front and rear
Premium Bluetooth interface/wireless aerial/storage compartment
Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system
4 remote control folding keys
Side Scan with cruise control
1 swivel seat rail system in 2nd row of seats
Wooden floor effect with plastic lining in passenger compartment
Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
80L fuel tank
Bike rack
Roof rails
Do you know the week yours was built? I ordered before you on the 17th but mine is still waiting at the port in Germany. It was build week 35 w/c 28th August.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you know the week yours was built? I ordered before you on the 17th but mine is still waiting at the port in Germany. It was build week 35 w/c 28th August.

I was told the same week as you - but I'm guessing it may well have been built sooner...

I was told the same week as you - but I'm guessing it may well have been built sooner...
Happy to say mine was shipped today so sounds like just a few days behind you. Hope you enjoy the collection process and your Cali adventures.

Hello Steve and Lisa,

I have just joined this owners club to see if I can help anyone with product information, buying and selling. I work for a Van Centre in Droitwich this is how I have the supply bulletin from Volkswagen if your wondering.

If you were to place a factory order on a California you would be looking at build week 36 which is the end of September, however there is one thing holding production back which is the Leather Multi-function Steering Wheel. This is adding +2weeks onto the build week, with that in mind you would be looking at half way through October for it to be started. Then around 5 weeks for the build itself, then allow another 4 weeks for delivery.

This is best case scenario obviously things can change, but hopefully that helped you out. :)

View attachment 24202
Thank you kindly for this insight.
Any chance of posting an updated version of it Dan?

Specifically for me are the new kitchen lights now standard (the mood lighting and in cupboards?
Did you ever find this out Michael?
California Chris's tube video hints its standard ? wishful thinking?

Did you ever find this out Michael?
California Chris's tube video hints its standard ? wishful thinking?
Yes they are now standard from all accounts I have seen. Not that VW themselves have made it very clear.

By way of a comparison

Order for a 150 Ocean TDi 6sp manual - with minimalist options: Acapulco Blue and Parking Sensors

Submitted 8th August '17
Accepted 26th August '17
Assigned to Build Week 44 - 30th October '17

Awaiting next status code change in a week or two, then we will see how long shipping takes.

No one made any promises or predictions who long this would take, just some patience

Delivery will be to Lookers Guildford

Does anyone else have their order in Build week 44, or near to it?

Pete

Week 45 :thumb
I was told by my dealer last week that it was in build but that wasn't right when I spoke to VWCS. They assured me build week was week 45 confirmed (so nothing will move that). A little disappointed at that point as I thought I may get it even earlier. But hey ho no worries my order did only go in at the end of September.
SMG Tonbridge.

I was also told they come in to sheerness unless its full. Full would be a pain in the but as I think the next stop was Grimsby IIRC.

I am waiting to hear about the build week. Ordered Sept 9, but a high spec TSI, so not sure whether that will take longer...

What is the average advance notification of the build week?

At least no delivery time for me as I will pick up the Cali at the factory in Hannover.

If you have your order number you will want VWCS telephone number from france and call them for the update. I have had help from the dealer too but you can go direct.
At least we can in the UK.

We must have been lucky.... 204 ocean TSI... DSG... order placed with dealer on 1st September , phone call on Friday 3rd November , van with dealer. Just can’t get down to them for a couple of weeks !

I placed an order for an Ocean 204 DSG on 30/11/2017, how quickly can I expect to receive an update from the dealer about delivery? I have also seen comments about contacting Customer Services for an update, what is the best way to do this? Does anyone have the right phone no. ? I have obtained the dealers order number.

I placed an order for an Ocean 204 DSG on 30/11/2017, how quickly can I expect to receive an update from the dealer about delivery? I have also seen comments about contacting Customer Services for an update, what is the best way to do this? Does anyone have the right phone no. ? I have obtained the dealers order number.
I guess it was end of October, not November, but anyway - I think that it can take up to a couple of weeks before VW 'accept' the order from the dealer. At that point you will probably be able to get a provisional build week.

Edit: I see you have an order number.

Is that date correct?

I had a build date about a week after my order was placed. (this week :pinkbanana)

If the dealer is any good and answering emails then they can check (liverpool has been good at keeping my up to date). I have called the normal customer service number for an update, they usually have to check another department and then call me back.

Is that date correct?

I had a build date about a week after my order was placed. (this week :pinkbanana)

I have called the normal customer service number for an update, they usually have to check another department and then call me back.
Ditto

Does anyone know if/when the factory closes for Christmas / New Year holidays?