Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cycling Mikey

Noticed that he had a failure recently, wasn't going to comment, but since he's been resurrected....

love the way the fat bloke keeps fiddling with his phone !!

They both agree drivers are committing driving offences, but decide the real evil here is the guy with the camera?

Goons…!!!

I think the cabby is genuinely mentally ill. He has no argument whatsoever and simply can’t accept that he’s in the wrong and been caught. He really believes that being angry/aggressive somehow removes culpability.

I am surprised the police didn’t suggest that Mickey stops this before he gets hurt because he will eventually pick on a proper t**t.

I think the cabby is genuinely mentally ill. He has no argument whatsoever and simply can’t accept that he’s in the wrong and been caught. He really believes that being angry/aggressive somehow removes culpability.

I am surprised the police didn’t suggest that Mickey stops this before he gets hurt because he will eventually pick on a proper t**t.

I was hoping the police would issue the cabby with a ticket for being parked on a double yellow line.

I watched the first 2 minutes, that cycle mike bloke is out of order
for doing that.
Who has never looked at their phone whilst stuck in traffic? I do but I never ever ever
do whilst driving, but when in traffic yes.

Imagine a world full of Mickey people following you around watching every move.
I'm team cabbie.

I’m a cyclist, I used to ride outdoors a lot, but a friend of mine got knocked off his bike and killed just over a year ago, by a driver looking at Facebook on her mobile phone. I don’t really go out any more as that accident really put me off. I’ve now got a nice indoor set up with a Wattbike and Zwift (basically gaming/racing other people in a virtual world) - there’s no road rage, animosity between different road users, bad weather, punctures etc. More importantly there’s no morons stuck to their phone screens driving vehicles. You only have to watch a few cars/vans/lorries etc passing by and you’ll see “eyes down” from someone in no time. It’s getting ridiculous now.
However……this Mikey chap is just making things worse in my opinion. He is looking for, and finding (easily as I’ve said) drivers behaving badly. He ain’t going to stop that. He’s just feeding the anger towards cyclists. I’ve seen cyclists in London and a lot of them are as badly behaved as some of the car drivers. So there’s always going to be anger.
The police need to start doing something about this mobile phone usage. But they don’t/aren’t. Whilst people can get away with it they will. And they do. Thousands of them everyday. The roads are a dangerous battleground. My friend's family have been devastated by what happened. Married with two young daughters. Ripped apart - for Facebook ffs :mad:

My go to response when people ask me if I’m on Facebook is “oh no sorry , I’m over the age of 10”
Bell curve is 25-34yr olds not under 10s

Bell curve is 25-34yr olds not under 10s

Well as under 13s have to pretend to be over 13 to get an account I would take the age statistics as completely unreliable.

The point I’m making is it, and other platforms, are for morons. Every time I see a t**t photograph it’s meal and post it I have to restrain myself.

If I had a child that was obsessed with social media I’d evict it.

The point I’m making is it, and other platforms, are for morons. Every time I see a t**t photograph it’s meal and post it I have to restrain myself.

Where does obsession start, 5062 posts and super poster status or more?

Bit strong. FB can be a useful resource for sharing information. Not everyone using it is a moron. I've seen some pretty moronic posts on this forum too.

Clare and I were teenage sweethearts - we went island hopping in Greece together in the late 80s. But university and careers sent us in different directions for two decades.

I wasn’t on Facebook, but my brother was, and Clare stalked me down via my brother’s Facebook account. We married within a year.

I’m grateful to Facebook.

Its gone too far in my view too, but I'm 48. When I see my daughter curled up on the sofa staring at her iphone my heart sinks, but often I realise she's doing her homework (a shame there's a blurring of that line), watching a film, or in a multi-way conversation with several friends, not 'Tik-Tokin' it' as I disparagingly call it.
My Grandad used to call the TV the 'idiot box', and thought we should listen to the radio more.
No doubt his Dad thought the radio was an invader, and his son should read more.
There's no doubt smartphones are detaching many from reality. So addictive that its in your pocket too. But much of its use is geared around sociability and productivity. My daughter gets twice as much done as I used to, including doing real stuff like playing drums, swimming, Fire cadets...
The TV never turned our eyes square, and now those TV addicts are wishing their kids would watch TV with them.I now breathe out when I see her on her phone, and realise I'm the cynical old guy who can't see the future.

Its gone too far in my view too, but I'm 48. When I see my daughter curled up on the sofa staring at her iphone my heart sinks, but often I realise she's doing her homework (a shame there's a blurring of that line), watching a film, or in a multi-way conversation with several friends, not 'Tik-Tokin' it' as I disparagingly call it.
My Grandad used to call the TV the 'idiot box', and thought we should listen to the radio more.
No doubt his Dad thought the radio was an invader, and his son should read more.
There's no doubt smartphones are detaching many from reality. So addictive that its in your pocket too. But much of its use is geared around sociability and productivity. My daughter gets twice as much done as I used to, including doing real stuff like playing drums, swimming, Fire cadets...
The TV never turned our eyes square, and now those TV addicts are wishing their kids would watch TV with them.I now breathe out when I see her on her phone, and realise I'm the cynical old guy who can't see the future.
There was a time when father’s fretted that books were filling their son’s and daughters heads with worthless garbage.

=====

"Here, my dear Lucy, hide these books. Quick, quick!—Fling Peregrine Pickle under the toilet—throw Roderick Random into the closet—put The Innocent Adulteryinto The Whole Duty of Man—thrust Lord Aimworth under the sofa—cram Ovid behind the bolster—there—put The Man of Feelinginto your pocket—so, so—now lay Mrs. Chapone in sight, and leave Fordyce's Sermons open on the table."

Lydia

The Rivals - Sheridan

Back