Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Cam Type & Installation

P

Paddy GC680

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Going to buy a new dash cam for my VW 680 When it eventually arrives hopefully in April/May. Going for the Blackvue DR750 2ch LTE. Has anybody fitted a rear & front dash CAM. Jus t seeing how difficult it is to install the cables. I would think its not so difficult. I can then keep an eye on my van any where in the world. All linked to the internet and you get a test if anybody is near the van or if another vehicle hits it. Records the events.

Going to buy a new dash cam for my VW 680 When it eventually arrives hopefully in April/May. Going for the Blackvue DR750 2ch LTE. Has anybody fitted a rear & front dash CAM. Jus t seeing how difficult it is to install the cables. I would think its not so difficult. I can then keep an eye on my van any where in the world. All linked to the internet and you get a test if anybody is near the van or if another vehicle hits it. Records the events.

Hi! There’s loads of threads on the issue if you do a quick search.
Mostly on installing in a T6.
Routes for cables, fuses etc

Mike

When our conversation (T6) was done we had a usb port installed at the back. This powers our rear view camera that is connected by WiFi to our onboard router which via a Three SIM connects to the internet. We can pick up the recording anywhere by logging onto the van router. When driving the rear dash cam output is recorded but not displayed as I can see perfectly well in the mirrors what is behind. The front dash cam does the same via one of the cab usb ports. No need for any wires or fuses, just usb ports ready installed.

Had the Blackvue DR750 2ch LTE installed in my 6.1 by SatNav Systems in Surbiton. Very pleased with the system and the installation. They worked on it for the best part of a day and I imagine that most of the time was routing the cable for the rear camera? Might be easier in a 680?
I’d suggest you get the Power Magic Pro installed as well if you intend to use Parking Mode otherwise you risk a flat starter battery.

Back