Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash gets hot - hot air comes out when switched off

C

California@45

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi - we are new cali owners, we have a T6 2018. Only had it a few weeks. When driving the dash gets really hot when the heating is switched off hot air still comes out. If we turn it on and choose cold then cold air will come out. But the heat is unbearable whilst driving when switched off and the hot air comes up. The dealer is saying this is normal? Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi - we are new cali owners, we have a T6 2018. Only had it a few weeks. When driving the dash gets really hot when the heating is switched off hot air still comes out. If we turn it on and choose cold then cold air will come out. But the heat is unbearable whilst driving when switched off and the hot air comes up. The dealer is saying this is normal? Has anyone else had this problem?
Dealer is talking rubbish. Take it back to them.

Heat coming out of the vents should adjust in line with the heat setting on the dash.

I think what you suggest is quite common,
I have a T6, if you turn off the blower fan via the central knob, heat / cold air will continue to come out of the vents at the temperature previously set (before the fan was turned off)

this has been discussed previously in various threads,

simplest way to correct if for yourself: turn the fan on / select a neutral temperature, then simply turn the fan off, that way the air comming out of the vents is not detectable as either hot or cold.

I think it’s a design fault with the T6, but it’s a very common & wide spread issue.

IMO, if the dealer tries to fix it, it will be a dash out job, I now just live with it as one of the foibles of the Van.

here is one thread to get you going, use the search function (top right ) of the page :rolleyes:

Dealer is talking rubbish. Take it back to them.

Heat coming out of the vents should adjust in line with the heat setting on the dash.
Thank you for commenting. They've had it in to look at and said there's nothing wrong with it and that its normal. But hot air still comes out when its turned off and makes the dash board hot too. I don't want to have to drive the car with air con on all the time to stop it.

I think what you suggest is quite common,
I have a T6, if you turn off the blower fan via the central knob, heat / cold air will continue to come out of the vents at the temperature previously set (before the fan was turned off)

this has been discussed previously in various threads,

simplest way to correct if for yourself: turn the fan on / select a neutral temperature, then simply turn the fan off, that way the air comming out of the vents is not detectable as either hot or cold.

I think it’s a design fault with the T6, but it’s a very common & wide spread issue.

IMO, if the dealer tries to fix it, it will be a dash out job, I now just live with it as one of the foibles of the Van.

here is one thread to get you going, use the search function (top right ) of the page :rolleyes:

thanks for this, I did do a search before posting but couldn't find anything. Someone referred me here to this forum this morning. so I had a look before I posted. thanks for commenting and will have a look.

thanks for this, I did do a search before posting but couldn't find anything. Someone referred me here to this forum this morning. so I had a look before I posted. thanks for commenting and will have a look.
‘Twas I that pointed you to the forum! Most of the problems that are posted will either of been raised before and if not you will get loads of feedback and suggestions. If you are Dorset based you are at an advantage…. Breeze VW at Poole are highly rated.
Keep us posted on how you get on.

‘Twas I that pointed you to the forum! Most of the problems that are posted will either of been raised before and if not you will get loads of feedback and suggestions. If you are Dorset based you are at an advantage…. Breeze VW at Poole are highly rated.
Keep us posted on how you get on.
Thank you - this group looks fab! its with the garage and a few suggestions on here so with try those!

Back