Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dash Top 12v Socket

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
I know this won't be unfamiliar to owners of new Calis but having seen this on a few Calis at COTF I thought it was an excellent idea.

Today Alex, and his trusty staff at SMG fitted one for me and I have to say, I am really impressed, great service as usual.

Here it is with one of our Ipod chargers

ScreenShot2013-10-26at162757_zps3c0b6305.png

It sits under this flap, which springs up when you press it.

ScreenShot2013-10-26at162820_zpscccd3f19.png

And here it is compared to the old try - notice the wider parts - I guess I will have to adpat my old tray mat.

ScreenShot2013-10-26at162838_zpse79cbcdd.png

A relative cheap upgrade. We already have a Kenwood Sat Nav but it is ideal for those who prefer to use a separate unit. It also means you don't have to rely on pulling the cupholders out to access the the 12v.

James

Attachments

• ScreenShot2013-10-26at162757_zps3c0b6305.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-26at162757_zps3c0b6305.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenShot2013-10-26at162820_zpscccd3f19.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-26at162820_zpscccd3f19.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ScreenShot2013-10-26at162838_zpse79cbcdd.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-26at162838_zpse79cbcdd.png
    350 KB · Views: 0
Great up grade James I use Tom Tom my biggest Cali HATE is the cup holder plug. Alex can you quote a price from your team to fit ( if not in the public forum via private mail) this could be a very popular add on.

HY09UMU said:
Great up grade James I use Tom Tom my biggest Cali HATE is the cup holder plug. Alex can you quote a price from your team to fit ( if not in the public forum via private mail) this could be a very popular add on.

Message Alex and ask him :)

James

James said:
HY09UMU said:

James

Hi James I hate to tell you this but if you buy a new Beach you get one of those as standard or at least I did :D

James,

Did you sort out the smaller rubber mat for it. Surely there must be a VW part number for it, or is only available as part of a set?

Andy

Barefoot62 said:
James said:
HY09UMU said:

James

Hi James I hate to tell you this but if you buy a new Beach you get one of those as standard or at least I did :D

i know - that's why i added it. I saw one on Redredzimmers van and figured it was a VW part and should be straightforward to fit.

James

Goldie said:
James,

Did you sort out the smaller rubber mat for it. Surely there must be a VW part number for it, or is only available as part of a set?

Andy

That was my next job Andy - i was going to ask on here if anyone had a middle mat and a code on the back.

James

That was my next job Andy - i was going to ask on here if anyone had a middle mat and a code on the back.

James[/quote]

James

is it just the middle matt you need the number for??? I've got one in my 13 plate T5 work van can check in the morning... :D