Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard buzzing noise

B

bertieblue

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced a buzzing noise coming from the front dashboard? It sounds like a phone vibrating but is only very intermittent and last a few seconds. And no there is no phone in the glove box or on the dashboard at the time!

bertieblue said:
Has anyone experienced a buzzing noise coming from the front dashboard? It sounds like a phone vibrating but is only very intermittent and last a few seconds. And no there is no phone in the glove box or on the dashboard at the time!

Yes, when i first had mine - drivers side possibly, ignored it after a while and as time went on it stopped happening.

James

So 7 years after you posting. I have a similar issue. Van buzzes and it’s coming from the dash. Thought It could be the radio or the cd whirring but isn’t as I’ve turned that off but still there. I’ve been sat in the van for a few mins now turning van on and off. With and without radio. Just turned ac off and it doesn’t seem to happen. Any ideas if this is normal?

So 7 years after you posting. I have a similar issue. Van buzzes and it’s coming from the dash. Thought It could be the radio or the cd whirring but isn’t as I’ve turned that off but still there. I’ve been sat in the van for a few mins now turning van on and off. With and without radio. Just turned ac off and it doesn’t seem to happen. Any ideas if this is normal?
Does it vary with heater fan speed?

Hi WelshGas! I notice it when stopped after a journey. It’s a buzzing noise like a mobile phone vibration and sometimes as if the CD player is preparing to play or eject a cd. But this morning I sat there turning the ignition on and off and the noise replicated until I turned the AC off. If it was low or high it made the same noise.

Hi WelshGas! I notice it when stopped after a journey. It’s a buzzing noise like a mobile phone vibration and sometimes as if the CD player is preparing to play or eject a cd. But this morning I sat there turning the ignition on and off and the noise replicated until I turned the AC off. If it was low or high it made the same noise.
Which Aircon system do you have? Manual or 3 zone Climatronic?

Back