Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard Centre Air Vents - cant get any air out of them?

Fergie Collier

Fergie Collier

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Sorry this might be a silly question but I have 2016 Cali Ocean and cant work out how to get air to come through the centre air vents on the dash ? Any ideas? Thanks

I have the exact same issue. The AC works and air blows from the outside vents but just not the centre ones. Any ideas on how to fault trace this issue would be very helpful.

There is a reset procedure that may help .

The procedure resets all control and flap limits (which can cause an issue if out of sync) the flaps are obviously behind the dash so you can’t see them, but you can hear the actuators moving during the reset procedure.

The procedure is a series of button presses

Google is your friend

If I can find it I’ll post a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried that and it didn't work for me - perhaps the OP might let us know if it worked for him?

Do you have the forward facing air button pushed? (Middle)

8587bf4d08a8cb8843a7897722e1ab20.jpg

& are the vents open (white marks showing on the dial)

3aeaeca28369344eddc6171a278726b5.jpg

Failing that it is possible that the actuators are Kaput? Did you hear the actuators move during the rest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although not much help to you, we had the same problem on our T6. Never did fathom it out.

Tried the reset process and unfortunately it didn't work albeit i heard some noises behind the dashboard. The vehicle was in the VW dealership yesterday and they quoted £700 to take the dashboard out and then see what it needs - going to write to VW now and complain :(

This may be of help -

I’ve got a 2016 Cali Ocean with the exact same issue. Have you had any luck diagnosing the problem? £700 just to take a look is worrying….

Sure this is a common fault on some transporters, something to do with a cable and flap getting stuck.

Interesting thread: OP had a software update !

edit: you may not want to read post #12

Last edited:
Back