Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard electrical replacement

cancott

cancott

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi just wondering if anyone else has had their dashboard electrics replaced?
Our van is only three and bit years old with only 16k on the clock. Got alternator light showing up randomly at half brightness and random electrical failures (not good in,the dark scary but the lights still worked!) Replaced battery and had alternator charging circuit checked, all good. Then took it to Southwestvws in Barnstaple, where they tried a dashboard from another vehicle and everything worked fine again. So definitly that. Will cost approx £800 to do. Surprised to have that level of repair in such a new California..wonder if vw want to pay for the replacement..hehe. Still had no other issues with it just fun, enjoyment and reliability.
Thanks James

Hi James, I would be surprised if VW didn't make some sort of contribution to the cost given the low mileage of the vehicle. Ask your dealer to make a goodwill claim on your behalf.

And welcome to the forum :)

Colin

Hi Colin thanks for the support. Not sure how to make a claim as the dealer we bought from no longer sells vans but one of the van mechanics now runs Southwestvws.
Maybe I should just ask or try vw direct...if I can work out how to do that
Thanks for the welcome too.
James

Dealers have an online form they can use to get an automatic contribution from VW. It should not matter if you go to another dealer although of course you'll miss out on any good will the dealer you purchased from. It halved the cost of a repair we needed just outside of warrantee. Helps if you bought it from a dealer and more so if from new. You should definitely ask the dealer for a contribution.

Wow thanks MichaelB yes we bought from new and had it serviced by the dealer. They did not have the expertise to fix the problem since closing their van department. They suggested Southwestvws it could be a goer
I shall ask
James

Wow thanks MichaelB yes we bought from new and had it serviced by the dealer. They did not have the expertise to fix the problem since closing their van department. They suggested Southwestvws it could be a goer
I shall ask
James

Best of luck... to add in our case they (the dealer) asked the factory for a contribution and they say said no. So they went through the automated online form and 50% contribution came back. Result!

That sounds good . The
Sale of Goods Act 1979.

says that if a product is expected to last up to six years then a manufacturer should repair or pay for repairs. Not sure vw have read it ..hehe. Still 50% would keep me happy:thumb

Back