Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

December 2016 California Price Increase

LewisVW

LewisVW

Vehicle
N/A
Just to keep you all updated. There will be a price increase on the 1st December. All Volkswagen Commercial (yes that includes California) models will be subject to a 3% price increase. All options on models will be subject to an average of a 3.5% price increase too. For example, the current California Ocean 2.0L 204ps DSG total on the road price is £53,005. That will increase to £54,571 on the 1st December. Please bear this in mind when you are dealing with your respective dealers over this next month. As they say, get them while they're cheap!!

Just to keep you all updated. There will be a price increase on the 1st December. All Volkswagen Commercial (yes that includes California) models will be subject to a 3% price increase. All options on models will be subject to an average of a 3.5% price increase too. For example, the current California Ocean 2.0L 204ps DSG total on the road price is £53,005. That will increase to £54,571 on the 1st December. Please bear this in mind when you are dealing with your respective dealers over this next month. As they say, get them while they're cheap!!
Yowzer. What was the price increase in June?
It's been an expensive year to think about buying a Cali.

Yowzer. What was the price increase in June?
It's been an expensive year to think about buying a Cali.
That's why I ordered mine immediately post Brexit!!! I foresaw this kind of increase. For what its worth I suspect a similar increase will come in 2017. Since Brexit the Pound has lost 20 cents against the Euro that's more or less 15%.

Add to this the increase in VED from April 1st which would be the thick end of an extra £2,000 over 6 years...Ouch.

For current owners, these price increase should keep the residuals firm!!

All the above makes it sound as if ordering a new Cali before Dec 1st and getting a delivery before March 31st 2017 is a genuine investment :thumb:thumb

My dealer called me last night to pass a message on to the forum about the price increase. They were very surprised at the increase and didn't see it coming.

He did say that if you are about to pull the trigger then you need to get it ordered at least a week before. All orders have to go via the brand and this can delay an order by a few crucial days.

..message ends....

My dealer called me last night to pass a message on to the forum about the price increase. They were very surprised at the increase and didn't see it coming.

He did say that if you are about to pull the trigger then you need to get it ordered at least a week before. All orders have to go via the brand and this can delay an order by a few crucial days.

..message ends....

I would think that if anyone leaves ordering at all, the chance of getting a confirmed build date, delvery to the UK and the vehicle being Registered and taxed by March 31st might be a bit slim.

I would think that if anyone leaves ordering at all, the chance of getting a confirmed build date, delvery to the UK and the vehicle being Registered and taxed by March 31st might be a bit slim.

Death and taxes you cannot cheat (although don't tell Google) but you may be able to beat the VW price increase.

Given the state of the pound vs euro I think the UK is lucky to get away with just 3%.

Well it is probably good news for residuals for current owners

Seems like it's gone up on the site now a BASE Ocean is £ 55790, no extras .

Not sure which one your looking at but £55790 was price of most expensive Ocean in June when they last raised the bar.

Mike

Not sure which one your looking at but £55790 was price of most expensive Ocean in June when they last raised the bar.

Mike
I can't see any prices rises on the VW site just yet.
Lowest ocean around £48k at the mo.

Errrrm.......Sorry no. The base is £48,547 for no options non metallic paint, 6sp manual. I think your figure is for a 204ps DSG 4 Motion.

Yes sorry that's right , I looked at the 204 DSG 4Motion... is this is going up by 3% and options 3.5 % ...wow

Errrrm.......Sorry no. The base is £48,547 for no options non metallic paint, 6sp manual. I think your figure is for a 204ps DSG 4 Motion.
Not sure why I didn't see the two earlier posts.....?! Anyway did now!

Back