Decent size compact mat for under awning

• Thread starter California Dreamin
  • Start date
California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Any recommendations? Is the an accepted best version for the area under the roll out awning - copes with sand, mud drying...and not being too bulky?

I have a kampa mat which you can buy in various sizes think the smallest is 2m x 2m packs up very small and is very light.

I have the same one as Hotel California, bought it at a show. We love it, the colours are reversed on the flip side too

They are from a company called Moroccan matting who are in Wales. I don’t think that they show on their web site but you can order by telephone. They come in a variety of colours and the size I think most of us have is the medium.
You clean with them with a jet wash.

You can see their mats on their website moroccanmatting.co.uk - very good to deal with, easy to clean, lightweight and fold to fit on back shelf

I tried ordering one of these over the phone but he said he only sells then at shows and could not supply me, anyone else had any luck recently?

Got mine by phone two months ago
Not a specific VW may though

Got mine by phone two months ago
Not a specific VW may though
My mat has the VW logo. It's the chaps son who deals with the "VW" mats.

Any recommendations? Is the an accepted best version for the area under the roll out awning - copes with sand, mud drying...and not being too bulky?

I have a fab hab 120 x 180cm plastic rug which fits under the awning perfectly. It can be hosed down. Rolls up neatly and stores in boot through left drawer gap. Lots of sizes and colours to choose from.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004HGEFF4/?tag=eliteelect-21

Fiamma Mats are very very good for the Money. Various sizes. I use a 2.6M x 3M one, excellent bit of kit.

I have a fab hab 120 x 180cm plastic rug which fits under the awning perfectly. It can be hosed down. Rolls up neatly and stores in boot through left drawer gap. Lots of sizes and colours to choose from.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FAB-HAB-Lhasa-Orange-Outdoor/dp/B004HGEFF4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530043993&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=fab+hab+outdoor+rug&dpPl=1&dpID=51Mq4pO5eVL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

@Izzi they look really good. What do you fasten them down with?

I got one too. bought at a show. £40 I think. they also sold me some clamps that grip the Matt and then you can peg it down. it's great. always in the van and one of my most used accessory

20180602_165549.jpg

Just search awning carpet on amazon eBay or go to a caravan accessory shop where they usually sell it by the metre.

I’d love one of those Moroccan mats to go inside (I don’t like carpet) but they don’t do anything that small or custom orders. I was thinking of cutting one but then it would need edging.

Last edited:
Back