Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mat ideas

IMG_1934.jpg IMG_1933.jpg I went to B&M's got two rolls of barrier type matting (£9.99 each) coloured to match the van and rubber backed, so no fraying. I layed them in two sections from the kitchen cabinet towards the sliding door. At night, I lay one section (nearest the draw) on top of the other. Both lay flat and ok to walk on when beds out. In the morning, slide bed back and replace section infront of draw. Seems to work well.
Hope it gives some idea
Snowy

We tried roll up mats but found them awkward in the end we found dark grey one metre square carpet tiles in Homebase which we cut into strips which lie between the seat rails without any extra fixing. £9.99 per tile, we used 2, one in the boot, one in the passenger area.

I had a look at the rubber backed mats from dunhelm and thought the rubber were poor quality. I went to a countrywide store and found the “turtle mat” very good quality which covered all the runner rails and let the draw open and was easy to fold forward when the bed rolled forward. Spot on.

I had a look at the rubber backed mats from dunhelm and thought the rubber were poor quality. I went to a countrywide store and found the “turtle mat” very good quality which covered all the runner rails and let the draw open and was easy to fold forward when the bed rolled forward. Spot on.

+1 for the turtle mat. Wasn’t cheap but it’s been great. Goes in the washer and as good as new when it comes out.

Mike

Back