Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mat ideas

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
IMG_7676.JPG Ummmed and aghhhd about what mat to get for our new Cali,

looking at all options none of them really looked hard wearing and spill and mud resistant .so here's my brand new £20 rubber backed mat from a car boot sale....now no spills or wet muddy feet are a problem also the dog is allowed in too..cut it to shape with some decent scissors it goes all the way into the front and under the vw monster mats, we had one of these before in our other Cali and it was great.just roll the back bit forward to put the bed up.
Also jet washes clean at the end of winter..why do vw put light grey carpet in an outdoors vehicle??

......And what will you do when you want to move the passenger bench seat forwards? What will you do with the carpet? (you need the rails to be free of obstruction)

......And what will you do when you want to move the passenger bench seat forwards? What will you do with the carpet? (you need the rails to be free of obstruction)
Roll the passenger compartment bit up to the end of the track?like it says in the first post buddy :)

Roll the passenger compartment bit up to the end of the track?like it says in the first post buddy :)
Yes, had experience of that but not ideal at 3 in the morning, bleary eyed trying to get a drink or go for a pee (in Cali or not). You end up with a carpet with creases, coz you have to walk on it, that will not lie flat. I am still looking for best solution.

Yes, had experience of that but not ideal at 3 in the morning, bleary eyed trying to get a drink or go for a pee (in Cali or not). You end up with a carpet with creases, coz you have to walk on it, that will not lie flat. I am still looking for best solution.
I think you will struggle to crease it,,
it's very flexible and soft rubber, it just rolls up an stays neat against the front of the bed,you are still able to stand on the mat that's not rolled up in my experience.
Good luck searching .....
it's just an idea I thought may be helpful to others .

Brilliant!

I was quite unsure about mats that covered the rail, then someone else on here showed off their mat and I thought that I would try it and find it works great. I just have a metre wide floor mat that I step on to when first getting in. Shake it out at night and mine is small enough to just roll up and put it in one of the front seat wells.

I think you will struggle to crease it,,
it's very flexible and soft rubber, it just rolls up an stays neat against the front of the bed,you are still able to stand on the mat that's not rolled up in my experience.
Good luck searching .....
it's just an idea I thought may be helpful to others .
Yeah, appreciate your ideas. It's just that I have spent more than 70 nights away since Feb this year and have a list of "need to find better solutions" and this one is on that list. I don't want to go down the very expensive Brandrup route but that is why I am still looking......

Brilliant!

I was quite unsure about mats that covered the rail, then someone else on here showed off their mat and I thought that I would try it and find it works great. I just have a metre wide floor mat that I step on to when first getting in. Shake it out at night and mine is small enough to just roll up and put it in one of the front seat wells.
Yep
I think it maybe a good idea to cover the rails,from past experiences in vans grit can enter the runners and be hard to clean out and make the seat runner quite stiff..if you camp all year round it's quite helpful to keep the grit on the mat :)

Yep
I think it maybe a good idea to cover the rails,from past experiences in vans grit can enter the runners and be hard to clean out and make the seat runner quite stiff..if you camp all year round it's quite helpful to keep the grit on the mat :)
Hmmmm....If it's not one thing its another! Always compromises....I will crack this one!!

Bought a good quality bath mat that is easy to flip over for seat/bed moving, light and quick to shake out plus can be put in the washing machine if the need arises, not yet.

I use Marvel mats from Dunelm. They roll away to move the bed, don't crease and are washable. Cheap too.
Need to go to Dunelm later today, will look at these. Thanks for tip.

I just got some cheap cotton rugs from The Range. They are thin enough for the drawer to open up over, and I just roll them forward if we're using the downstairs bed. They can go in the washing machine if they get muddy, though I am a bit anal and have extra mini cotton rugs which I place by the sliding door if we're on a wet/muddy site. We're rugtastic! I did like the Dunelm mats and bought one to try, but it didn't look as jolly as my nice multi-coloured mats, so I took it back and got my money back. If you're not into colour coded soft furnishings in a big way (!), the Dunelm mat is perfect.

I just got some cheap cotton rugs from The Range. They are thin enough for the drawer to open up over, and I just roll them forward if we're using the downstairs bed. They can go in the washing machine if they get muddy, though I am a bit anal and have extra mini cotton rugs which I place by the sliding door if we're on a wet/muddy site. We're rugtastic! I did like the Dunelm mats and bought one to try, but it didn't look as jolly as my nice multi-coloured mats, so I took it back and got my money back. If you're not into colour coded soft furnishings in a big way (!), the Dunelm mat is perfect.
Colour is important but I am not a slave. Just been to Dunelm and decided to buy a MM (Candy Stripe Plum). But.....picked up the wrong size :talktothehand:talktothehand. Got to go back!! Thankfully not far.

Colour is important but I am not a slave. Just been to Dunelm and decided to buy a MM (Candy Stripe Plum). But.....picked up the wrong size :talktothehand:talktothehand. Got to go back!! Thankfully not far.
What size is best our dunelm is quite fat and it would save me the extra journey!!!

I bought 2 mats in the Lidl and cut them to the right size. The width of the left part is cut to the distance between the guides in the floor. When I have to move the bench, I turn the left part and put it between the guides. Bench and drawer pass over the mat.
DSC02109.JPG DSC02110.JPG

What size is best our dunelm is quite fat and it would save me the extra journey!!!
I got the 95 X 80 .... Don't be put off by the amount of fluff that comes off them when new.... Enough for a bird to nest in.

Back