Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor carpet for the Cali

1954BD

1954BD

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all what is everyone using as a carpet/mat/rug to step out on and for comfort under the wind out awning, i am guessing waterproof underside and washable upside, let me know any recommendations

We have a breathable mesh type ground covering which works for sites with hard standing and also on grass (it doesn’t kill it) probably in the big campsite clubs list of rules.
Soft enough for bare feet, hard wearing enough not to have been damaged after a few years use.

A search for

Breathable Caravan Awning Carpet Weaveatex Motorhome
Tent Groundsheet Matting

The Club shop has a

Kampa Easy Tread Breathable Carpet

Which looks similar to ours.

Best pegged down to minimise John Cleese action that I’ve shown off in the past.

Have finally found that bungees really help with rolling this and also the awning sides up for space saving packing.

Hope it helps

Hi all what is everyone using as a carpet/mat/rug to step out on and for comfort under the wind out awning, i am guessing waterproof underside and washable upside, let me know any recommendations
We have an outdoor rug. We just wanted a smallish rug to put outside the door, to stop walking so much grass / dirt into the van. The Range had the best choice of rugs at a reasonable price last year https://www.therange.co.uk/furnishings/rugs-and-mats/outdoor-rugs/#sort=relevance&page=1&lpp=24
Not breathable, but we’ll only use when we go away for weekends. Any longer and we use our awning.

Back