Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dent in Bumper

Jimijango2020

Jimijango2020

VIP Member
Hi all, anyone know if this looks like a quick fix. Had a bumper protector fitted this week and the wife goes and reverses into someones tow bar!!!

1.jpg

I'd like to think it will just pop back :thumb not sure though :oops:

I think I'd get a Dent Master type person as suggested above to look at it before you touch it. It's possible with some gentle heat and a push in the right direction it may come out.

I've got to agree it looks like it may pop out and be okay with some work on it as the paint does not look cracked :thumb

Mind you blaming it on the wife eh - I do that all the time! :lol:

Hope you get it sorted :grin:

Cheers, though on closer inspection there seems to be some paint splitting/cracks.

I had exactly the same dent in exactly the same place (done while parked up outside the house by some unknown).
One of the mobile dent fixers charged £105 to sort and did a good job. The paint did indeed crack when the the dint was popped - even after the application of quite a bit of heat - and there ws noticeable ripple. The cracks and the ripples needed filling, sanding etc
The job was done outside and in weather just above freezing which can't have helped but the finish was good and even when detailed up and looking at the reflections there are no blemishes.

One drawback was that the rear parking sensor became loose because the tape that holds it in was damaged by the heat during popping, curing and drying. The local van centre was kind enough to give me some of the double-sided tape to fix it and when I made a mess of it did it themselves for nothing (outside of warranty too). The problem in applying the 2 sided tape was cleaning all relevant surfaces and positioning evrything befor applying pressure.

Had a local body shop look at it. They can't guarantee a clean finish due to the cracking of the paint and stretching of plastic so I've got it booked in for a new bumper £470 ouch.

You'd be surprised about what they can repair. Direct Line insisted on a repair rather than replacement bumper on a Jeep I used to own. They took it off in the body shop, heated it, filled and sanded back to exactly the same profile and then resprayed... Then 12 months later they had to do it again after someone drove into me.

All fixed, took a day for Windsorian Accident & Repairs to do. Can't fault. Off to Cornwall for a week tomorrow :barmy

Back