Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diagnostic Tool Autoscanner U280

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can anyone tell me if this Autoscanner works on the cali SE 2011 as i have an airbag light persistently coming on from cable under the seat. I have borrowed the scanner but can't seem to get it to work it comes on but just says error after each scan. Any advice appreciated.

IMG_4847.JPG

does it definitely work with the cali as amazon says does not work?

Can anyone tell me if this Autoscanner works on the cali SE 2011 as i have an airbag light persistently coming on from cable under the seat. I have borrowed the scanner but can't seem to get it to work it comes on but just says error after each scan. Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 48087
I have exactly the same issue. I swivelled the front seats yesterday and the airbag warning light came on again. There's no point in checking under the seat as I cannot reset it without the diagnostics tool.

This happened the first time only recently. When I took it to the dealers they said the wiring had pulled apart as a result of my reclining the passenger seat!!! They then tried to charge me as it was "an adjustment" and therefore not covered under the Factory Extended Warranty. After further "discussions" they agreed to cover the full costs.

To be honest, I am rapidly losing confidence in the front seat airbag wiring. I'm now reluctant to recline or swivel. Every time it happens, it results in a long time wasting trip to the dealers, an argument and a dissatisfied owner.

I'd better get one of those gadgets ASAP. Our Cali is a 2016 T6 Beach. Can anyone please confirm what the name of the correct device is to order and where from?

Many thanks.

I have exactly the same issue. I swivelled the front seats yesterday and the airbag warning light came on again. There's no point in checking under the seat as I cannot reset it without the diagnostics tool.

This happened the first time only recently. When I took it to the dealers they said the wiring had pulled apart as a result of my reclining the passenger seat!!! They then tried to charge me as it was "an adjustment" and therefore not covered under the Factory Extended Warranty. After further "discussions" they agreed to cover the full costs.

To be honest, I am rapidly losing confidence in the front seat airbag wiring. I'm now reluctant to recline or swivel. Every time it happens, it results in a long time wasting trip to the dealers, an argument and a dissatisfied owner.

I'd better get one of those gadgets ASAP. Our Cali is a 2016 T6 Beach. Can anyone please confirm what the name of the correct device is to order and where from?

Many thanks.
This is the one I use.
Read up about it. I believe certain functions are free/built in and others are via an Annual Subscription. There are others but this is nice and easy to use.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=eliteelect-21

I have a Carista, but found it very limited (any offers?)
I got the OBDeleven Pro and have found it a much better and subscription free alternative.

Thanks WG,
I'll get Mrs B to order one asap.
I assume that you can reset faults warning lights, providing the fault has been rectified first?
Many thanks.
Yes.

does it definitely work with the cali as amazon says does not work?
Works on my 2012 SE.
I bought it to reset exactly what you are getting with airbag light.
After dealer reset it at about £80 to tell me they would need to do deeper analysis but no new codes reappeared. But they did say that whilst light is on the airbags won’t work. Didn’t fancy that on a 5 week trip around Europe so bought carista and it works a treat. I think I pay £33 a year for top level of coding. Used it on our Polo, Audi and Mini.

I have used a VAG401 with success as well as cariasta, never seen that model before.

As far as I can tell the Carista does not work on the older T5's
It should work on a 2011 (they worked on my 2007 brera), there is a thread of VCDS and Carista owners on the forum, worth a look if anyone is nearby so you can get a test.

Back