Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel / Electric Heater

C

clivebryant

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All

Our GC600 has the diesel / electric heater (Truma CP Plus) installed which is operated from the touch screen panel on the shower wall but also has the other control panel under the rear seats.

I have two queries:
1) What does the 1 / 2 button do? (see photo)
2) The heating system powers down overnight without any intervention. I've read the Truma manual over a few times but I'm wondering if there is a default number of hours it will be run before automatic shutdown. Slightly confusing that the panel on the wall has 'on/off' whereas the panel under seat appears able to set a start and end time.

Any ideas?

TIA
Clive

image0.jpeg

Hi Clive, the info is somewhere in the manual but it is a switch for operating the heater burner at higher altitudes. One is the standard setting. Others will confirm but I have no issue operating diesel or electric heating overnight, no cutouts. You might have an issue there.

Hi Clive I agree the Truma manual seems sparse to me also on instructions. I think it works that once you have set the Truma panel under the bench you can then control the temp via the main panel. The under bench panel can set timers which we haven’t done. No problems with cut outs for us so far on diesel or electric however the main panel has frozen a couple of times.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll mention this issue when the Cali goes in to have the other snags sorted.
Cheers

Back