Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 680 Truma heater going off

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
During this super cold spell I've left the van on hook up and heater set to 5°C to keep the chill off. But, I have noticed the heating seems to decide to switch off for no apparent reason. I've also noticed this happening when using the van on our travels, the heating just goes off, no error codes and can be switched on again.
I have heard that this is an issue and seems to be a conflict between the washroom display panel and the Truma panel under the seat.
I have the van booked in at the VW stealer for a number of issues in February, so does anyone know if this is an issue that they can fix? Software update perhaps?
Any advice appreciated!

During this super cold spell I've left the van on hook up and heater set to 5°C to keep the chill off. But, I have noticed the heating seems to decide to switch off for no apparent reason. I've also noticed this happening when using the van on our travels, the heating just goes off, no error codes and can be switched on again.
I have heard that this is an issue and seems to be a conflict between the washroom display panel and the Truma panel under the seat.
I have the van booked in at the VW stealer for a number of issues in February, so does anyone know if this is an issue that they can fix? Software update perhaps?
Any advice appreciated!
Not aware there is a fix for this yet. The advice is to unplug the comms cable at the rear of the Truma panel. This stops the heating going off but means you have to control it from the Truma panel not the wall mounted one.
Certainly worth mentioning to your dealership when you’re in there so it’s noted.

Thanks for that! I'll add it to the list when it goes in and see what they say!

Back