Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Difference between regular and comfort seats

F

Fikabonds_swe

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I am placing an order on a Ocean and got stuck at seat options and I have 4 questions ( I have search the forums but can´t find an answer, I do apologize if there is one to my questions already posted);

1. As I understand it the comfort seat are non swivel?
  2. I also noticed in the online configurator that the drivers seat does not have any armrests, neither with the regular seats, comfort seats or electric seats. Is this true or just a glitch in the configurator?
  3. Are there any aftermarket parts to make the passenger comfort seat (both manual or electric seat) swivel?

You are likely to get many non-Swedish replies to this question. It's the nature of the forum.

As you are from Sweden, you are going to get obviously a left hand drive van. Because of the kitchen behind the driver seat, the annoyance of the hand brake which prevents the seat to swivel when engaged, the steering wheel to be readjusted every time and the need for one seat in the forward, normal position in order to climb to the upstairs bed using the backrest, I never turn the driver seat around. I tilt it and slide it a bit to the front, I use the back of the seat to my advantage and have a backrest organiser where kitchen paper roll, toilet roll and other utensils are stored. The driver seat itself and footwell become a convenient storage area for a lot of things, jackets, water bottles, child seat, backpack, the arms of the bike carrier, bags, beer etc.
I don't have a comfort seat because I did want it to swivel and I regret it as I never swivel it. Mind you I travel 6 hour on the regular seat and have no pains or else. It is not uncomfortable. If I were ordering now, a LHD Cali, I would order the comfort seat for the driver though. The passenger has a lot more freedom to move whilst travelling, can use pillows, change position while en route, move feet and legs so I see less the need for a comfort seat for the passenger.

Back