Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Divided opinions

And Scotland.
E9A75810-9C36-40FC-B43D-1C4068CB1F6E.jpeg

I suspected there would still be a degree of animosity towards holiday makers. So we won't be going anywhere in the next little while. Besides those photos don't look like fun to me.

Wales will probably be next now that the 5 mile travel restriction has been lifted.

I understand the story from both sides, obviously... But from our little corner of Dorset, the sudden massive influx of holiday makers to an area which has been relatively fortunate in the grand scheme of things, is a little concerning. But it really needs to happen, there're so many small businesses round here that need their custom...

It would be interesting to know which elements of the Community are objecting?
I doubt if it is those dependant on the Leisure Industry.

It would be interesting to know which elements of the Community are objecting?
I doubt if it is those dependant on the Leisure Industry.
And of course they do not object to the lavish subsidies, power supplies and nearly all their consumer goods/food etc that comes by magic from the emits.

i'm not a fan of caravans. but they don't deserve that. do these morons who live in touristy areas never ever go anywhere themselves to become a tourist ? i'd like one of these pricks to try and tell me to f... off.

I holidayed on one occasion in Dubrovnik. Towards the end of what had been a very pleasurable and hospitable time, I spoke to one of the waitressing staff, and remarked on how friendly, pleasant and helpful I had found the locals to be. Her response was instructive. She said' "we are taught that way at home and at college, because we are constantly reminded that our livelihood is contingent on happy tourists".

The furlough scheme has and remains life saving, but is surely the reason why those who've been paid 80% to not work and enjoy their counties free from tourists, now aren't welcoming their return.
When the furlough scheme ends, expect a change in attitude.

The poor access to local hospitals WAS a valid reason, but the country has decided it needs to get going again, so it's time to welcome the tourists.

i'm not a fan of caravans. but they don't deserve that. do these morons who live in touristy areas never ever go anywhere themselves to become a tourist ? i'd like one of these pricks to try and tell me to f... off.
I used to live in Cornwall and there are some residents that will not go anywhere outside the county. Genuinely my old next door neighbour would not cross the Tamer as it meant travelling on “the big roads”.
They are very dependant on tourists and subsidies which ignorantly they tend to forget very easily. We are visiting family in Cornwall and like you, any abuse will not go down well with me.

I spent three nights near Tintagel, July 5,6,7. Trewethett Farm. No problems with anyone anywhere. Everyone pleasant, including locals. I think they were pleased to see people again buying and using facilities.

There are loonies everywhere all the time. Look at recent demos in London - all pretty pointless and run by people with strange agendas.

This philosophical issue has been discussed as far back as Ancient Greece.
Living in a tolerant society does require that some people have to tolerate those that are intolerant.....and try to mitigate by continual education of the intolerant. It’s hard!
The directly opposing alternative is that we legislate against intolerance.....creating a paradox which nevertheless many current authoritarian regimes justify as ‘in the interest of order’ ....history shows those societies don’t last.

Understanding all this is one thing, accepting it is much harder ....I’m afraid I’m with flyingbanana on this one and I’d give them the hearty welcome that my 6ft6in /17 stone allows.

Reactions: mcQ
Back