Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

£3,000 for lowering

Speed bumps are a right pain in the ass. Cardiff Council have taken it upon themselves to litter the area around me with them. There doesn't even seem to be any consistency in their height. Plus, people slow down to go over them then speed up excessively until the next one

"Effectiveness. Generally, vertical treatments - such as speed humps - are expected to reduce accidents by around 44%. Motor vehicles are likely to travel at around 15 mph over a speed hump. ... Speed humps do not slow motor vehicle traffic as much as speed tables, however they are more effective than speed cushions. "

My Dad had a t5 come into his company as it had engine work but kept getting recurring error messages. Turned out he had lowered it so low it was basically shaking itself apart lol.

I’m a bit bored this morning so here goes.
His choice to modify the car so his problem imo. He cannot blame anyone else for his actions. What if he drives on a road where the speed humps have been in place for years? He would have to detour thence his own cost. He could add air suspension I guess.

For 3k you could probably get air and avoid this issue by being able to raise it? :)

I've got an Airride system on my splittie. It's supposed to be "like riding on a bed of air". B0ll0x it is! Damn thing is more pain than it's worth tbh

Good afternoon,

Even thought the poor man suffers, I think it is a funny story.

But I believe he made a decision now he has to stand to it. Speed bumps are everywhere. Lowering the car so much will cause problems around Ireland (not only in the home village). But not only the speed bumps can cause problems. In Maynooth at the train station the kerb is a wee bit high. I saw standard BMW 5 Series getting caught on it (they might have a chance of successful complaints). Also in work the car park kerb is a bit high. If I reverse I have to be careful not to bump the spare wheel into the kerb.

What I am trying to say is that, at least in Ireland, to lower a car substantially is unwise and asking for trouble.

Regards,
Eberhard

When my Smart car was serviced earlier this month they informed me it had been lowered!! Explains why it doesn’t like speedhumps very much! Cost to replace with normal springs £3000! On a car worth £6k ! Think I’ll just avoid the speed humps

When my Smart car was serviced earlier this month they informed me it had been lowered!! Explains why it doesn’t like speedhumps very much! Cost to replace with normal springs £3000! On a car worth £6k ! Think I’ll just avoid the speed humps
I would have thought you would be the last person to have problems with springs Zeb!

I've got an Airride system on my splittie. It's supposed to be "like riding on a bed of air". B0ll0x it is! Damn thing is more pain than it's worth tbh
Which one do you have out of interest? Is air ride the make? I've been seriously pondering it on my Cali.

Back