Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you need hookup?

We rarely use a hook up even on 3 week trips. The level goes from 100 to 90 % as soon as you use 1% of the battery so it looks rather drastic. I've never got down to less than 50% as a bit of driving every few days keeps things topped up. I only really use the hook up when a campsite comes with a hookup that I've paid for as part of a pitch.

In four years of use, couple of month long trips to Italy, and at least one weeks use every month we have never used a hook up. We never skimp on use of power Gail always has her curling wand and I daily run a 20" laptop. The only thing we never use is the radio it eats amps, instead we carry a Pure Move and charge as and when. Longest we stayed in one place was 4 days at wich point display indicated 10% leisure battery capacity left, but less than two hours drive later we parked up for another couple of nights and display showed fully charged. With any luck this year we are hoping for a 50/50 split home van then we will really give the battery a good work out, but will have to get the auxiliary water tank fitted first.

Back