Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does size matter

Not at all Dave. I have a 140 and managed to keep up with Martin in France doing 85 mph
I find it ok :thumb

I actually think the 140 is a good Cali option ....you have to remember the t4's conversions came with 88 and most of the t5 conversions ( no names mentioned ) came with 105 I think it was and now only use lower bhp panel vans ..

We upgraded from a 1973 t2 bay so as you can imagine the California feels like a
Rocket ship.
It took a while for me to leave the inside lane on the motorway !!!
Is the engine still in the back ? :D

choplee said:
you have to remember the t4's conversions came with 88

The early 1.9TD is 68bhp I think. The 2.4D was 78... Westfalia never bothered with the 1.9D!

With the turbo mod (0.65 bar) on the 2.4 I was up to 90 until the fuel pump died. Back with a standard setting for the fueling screw I guess I'm back into the low 80s. Certainly feels slower.

0-60 is measured on a Calendar :D But it's the smiles per hour that count.
dan

140 for me too, anymore power and I would have to look at the wheels and suspension set up, the Cali can certainly roll through the corners when loaded up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davecavell said:
We upgraded from a 1973 t2 bay so as you can imagine the California feels like a
Rocket ship.
It took a while for me to leave the inside lane on the motorway !!!
Is the engine still in the back ? :D

Agreed ...i came from t2's & t3's and all a mission of a drive compared to the cali .... if it was a 140 sitting in the dealership i would be driving one now .. ;)

Back