Door lock outs...whoops!

L

Lynn and Stephen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
Hoping someone can help with this problem....on a recent trip, at bed time we locked the doors of our T6 Ocean, with the key pad on driver's door as usual. When we needed to get out in the middle of the night, we did the two pulls on the sliding door and closed the sliding door as usual. However, on our return, we were locked out by the sliding door despite the locking pad being in the up position. Are we doing something wrong or do we have a faulty mechanism?

I had a same problem, years ago.
It was the remote lock in the sliding door that was become faulty.
The mechanical lock is on the rear of the sliding door, where it catches the latch. The electronics is in the "remote" lock, located on the front of the sliding door. It is a very big black block of plastic, which contains electronics, motors and levers for the different catches.

remote lock.jpg

It might be the same problem as yours?
I also locked the doors from inside, and went for a pee at night, getting me locked out. Luckily, the other doors were opened, leaving me a solution to get back in the van.
I didn't wait too long to replace the remote lock.

Part number begins with: 7H0 843 654 xx. xx = depending on type, year of the van and/or optional equipment.

I had a same problem, years ago.
It was the remote lock in the sliding door that was become faulty.
The mechanical lock is on the rear of the sliding door, where it catches the latch. The electronics is in the "remote" lock, located on the front of the sliding door. It is a very big black block of plastic, which contains electronics, motors and levers for the different catches.

View attachment 129824

It might be the same problem as yours?
I also locked the doors from inside, and went for a pee at night, getting me locked out. Luckily, the other doors were opened, leaving me a solution to get back in the van.
I didn't wait too long to replace the remote lock.

Part number begins with: 7H0 843 654 xx. xx = depending on type, year of the van and/or optional equipment.
Hi,
Thank you so much for detailed reply and photo. We will check this out
Best wishes.

The lock button on the sliding door gets loose and vague with age. When you shut the door it can slip down by gravity and lock the door. I never leave the van without the key.

The lock button on the sliding door gets loose and vague with age. When you shut the door it can slip down by gravity and lock the door. I never leave the van without the key.
Not on mine.
You could open the door from inside, but not from outside, and the button stayed in the same up position.
It's worth checking though.

Not on mine.
You could open the door from inside, but not from outside, and the button stayed in the same up position.
It's worth checking though.
The button doesn’t slip down all the way, just a little movement will cause the outside door handle to stop working even though it appears that the lock button is up. That’s what happened when I got locked out.

Back