Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double glazed rear window fogging

Hissey

Hissey

We have had our Beach (Sally) since March this year, and enjoyed many outings. We ordered double glazing and were told that we would not have a rear windscreen heater as "we would never need it". We assumed all rear windows would be double glazed, but it turned out only to be the back.

Yesterday we were out in the evening and returned to Sally with damp waterproofs and a damp dog for just a short journey home. It was cold overnight and today, then this evening when going out the whole of the interior was fogged up. I sat with the windscreen fan on full for about 5 minutes then ended up still having to wipe the windscreen interior so I could see. The rear window was also fogged, double glazing or not, and so I could not see out the back. Has anyone else had this problem, and did you find a solution?

Ideas please, which preferably will still allow me to transport a damp dog in Sally and then drive the next day whilst being able to see out!

Thanks.

Car dehumidifier. 1kgm units sold on Amazon about £14. Reusable.

we find turn the air con on, with heater on start up and clear very quickly

We have had our Beach (Sally) since March this year, and enjoyed many outings. We ordered double glazing and were told that we would not have a rear windscreen heater as "we would never need it". We assumed all rear windows would be double glazed, but it turned out only to be the back.

I've got double glazing in my Beach and all the rear windows apart from the opening one behind the passenger are double glazed. That's four windows; door, r&l rear sides and the back. No problems with condensation.

Andy

Hmm - I will follow that query about which windows should be double glazed with the dealer, and thanks for the suggestion about a dehumidifier. The rear window isn't normally a problem, though we do get condensation on the other windows.

Thanks for the replies.

Back