Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

double glazing and/or privacy glass

B

brompton2

VIP Member
I'm looking at buying a Cali and have been given the option of either double glazing (standard) or privacy glass (add on) in the habitation section. I can see advantages of both - keeping warm and keeping private. It seems odd that it's an "either or" rather than paying extra for the add on while keeping the advantage of what is standard. Perhaps double glazing is less important in a metal box that will lose heat whatever than the privacy glass. Will be grateful for advice from all you experienced users.

The Cali comes std with double glazing, we asked the same question to the dealer only two weeks ago, we have ordered the camper pack and that we have been told it comes with double glazed privacy glass windows there appears to be errors in the 2013 cat,

Thank you. The July 2013 catalogue is confusing as under "windows" it states that privacy glass from the B-pillar back is "not compatible with double glazing or laminated glass", double glazing being standard in these windows on the SE but not the Beach; privacy glass not being listed as an option on this section for the SE, whereas under "Camping Pack" it is listed as an option for the SE. So in reality the "Camping Pack" does include privacy glass for the SE and this is double glazed?

Yes I agree very confusing, we had same problem I was assured by the local dealer that you can get double glazing in the CE with privacy. Mine has not arrived yet so I hope they were right.
Pete