Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double glazing

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
What do people think of the standard SE option of double glazing ? If I order privacy glass with insulation (IMO a must have option) then I cannot have it ? Does anybody know why ? Can I have it retro fitted ?

I didn't buy a Cali in the end but went through the same option as you. In the end i went for the privacy glass and to be honest i don't miss double glazing at all. The van is already so well insulated you really don't notice the difference. My previous T5 camper did have double glazing, i'd take it or leave it, we've had a good few nights out in subzero temps too.

If you have the double glazing fitted then I think it eliminates the problem of condensation forming on the inside of the windows over night when you sleep in your camper.. I think..

Wirral said:
If you have the double glazing fitted then I think it eliminates the problem of condensation forming on the inside of the windows over night when you sleep in your camper.. I think..

That's interesting ,would be a real benefit as wells as the extra sound proofing, my real dilemma is that it is now part of the travel pack but if I retro fit then I can have the double glazing but not the travel pack and the advantage you get on the price with the travel pack

That is a very good point about the sound proofing - I agree...

I'm not really sure about the option packs... They give with one hand and take away with the other..

Double glazing doesn't prevent condensation, if anything it was worse in my old camper. As for sound proofing, this is a camper van lol, it makes no noticeable difference at all, your just kidding yourself if you think there is. :crazy

rodd said:
Double glazing doesn't prevent condensation, if anything it was worse in my old camper. As for sound proofing, this is a camper van lol, it makes no noticeable difference at all, your just kidding yourself if you think there is. :crazy

I agree with Rodd I have 2006 SE with d/glazing and still get condensation, had privacy film fitted in 2007 and still looks good apart from few marks when house moving. I have a silver screens cove for windscreen and get no condensation.

The double glazing makes a big difference IMHO. Usually it is condensation free, whereas the windscreen is covered in it.

Hi, I just wondered if you'd noticed that the option for privacy glass in the new Jan 14 brochure is now described as ' privacy glass with heat insulation' . Will this make any difference to condensation inside or just mean warmer inside, cold outside, more condensation??